Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 19 Oct '08 10:23
    Last few weeks my games have frozen in the middle. Always when I am expecting the opponent's move. I always figured it was something up with the site, as my computer itself does not freeze up. So am figuring it is something to do with "Tools" > "Internet options" > "Advanced" in the browser tool bar - which I have no understanding of. Could someone please advise me on this matter? Thanks!
  2. 19 Oct '08 19:10
    bumping from another thread:

Originally posted by orangutan
    Have you tried making sure that your browser always requests up-to-date pages?
    I.E : tools->internet options->general tab->settings for temp. internet files. Make sure the "every visit" option is selected.
  3. 19 Oct '08 21:33
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    bumping from another thread:

Originally posted by orangutan
    Have you tried making sure that your browser always requests up-to-date pages?
    I.E : tools->internet options->general tab->settings for temp. internet files. Make sure the "every visit" option is selected.
    Hi Monty,

I think you're going to have to start taking credit for this advice now. You've been kind in citing me as the one who helped you - but I think you've helped more people than I have with this advice now.
  4. 20 Oct '08 03:22
    Thank you sir, but credit given when credit due. We'll just cruise the help forum and get the newbies some answers.
  5. Standard member O_O
    24 Oct '08 15:57
    Originally posted by Globetrotter
    Last few weeks my games have frozen in the middle. Always when I am expecting the opponent's move. I always figured it was something up with the site, as my computer itself does not freeze up. So am figuring it is something to do with "Tools" > "Internet options" > "Advanced" in the browser tool bar - which I have no understanding of. Could someone please advise me on this matter? Thanks!
    is it freezing up in a normal cor. game, or in blitz?
  6. 31 Oct '08 10:12
    Help. I'm in the middle of a game and the board won't take my move. I get the circle with the slash through it.