Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. Standard member Lukerik
    Stick your hands up
    06 Sep '08 19:20
    I have neither the software nor the analytical skills to submit comprehensive dossiers on anyone I may suspect of using an engine but occasionally I see a graph that skyrockets from a non-provisional 1100 to 1900 in one stroke. Am I wasting the Moderators' time if I alert them to these people? Input from anyone with experience in this field would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Subscriber coquette
    Already mated
    06 Sep '08 20:30
    Originally posted by Lukerik
    I have neither the software nor the analytical skills to submit comprehensive dossiers on anyone I may suspect of using an engine but occasionally I see a graph that skyrockets from a non-provisional 1100 to 1900 in one stroke. Am I wasting the Moderators' time if I alert them to these people? Input from anyone with experience in this field would be greatly appreciated.
    I'm like you. I'm totally clueless about the whole engines thing and stuff like that. I figure there's enough wonks and code monkeys doing this to take notice of the offenders and deal with them.
  3. Standard member dsmfire
    happy
    06 Sep '08 22:28
    What's wrong with alerting? Alert if it seems susp. to you. You're not to be the investigator.
  4. 06 Sep '08 23:44 / 1 edit
    Try the fairplay system:

FAQ
  5. Standard member Lukerik
    Stick your hands up
    07 Sep '08 12:28
    Wonks?

OK, thanks guys, and sorry, I didn't realise the FAQs had been updated.

I think on balance the answer is no. I can't supply supporting evidence, only circumstantial.
  6. Subscriber AudioRapture
    Skull Disco, Jr.
    07 Sep '08 21:38
    I think on balance the answer is no. I can't supply supporting evidence, only circumstantial.
    Circumstantial evidence can lead to proof once investigated. Nothing wrong with submitting your suspicion via the Fair Play system.