1. Joined
    06 Sep '07
    Moves
    21 Sep '07 21:196 edits
    Problem solved, I was timed out (to save you checking)

Hi all, have any of you had this before,I just lost a game via checkmate that isnt a checkmate!!

Game 4013389

I knew it was coming and positioned my queen to take back but the site claims I am checkmated when I am not, what can I do about this?

thanks
  2. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    21 Sep '07 21:271 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    06 Sep '07
    Moves
    21 Sep '07 21:28
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Thank you, wonder why it wouldnt work for me...
  4. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    21 Sep '07 21:281 edit

5. Joined
    06 Sep '07
    Moves
    21 Sep '07 21:291 edit
    Arrgh, ok thanks, I lost 22 games now due to timeouts even though my vacation flag was up 🙁
    Sorry for my idiocy
  6. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    21 Sep '07 21:311 edit

7. Joined
    06 Sep '07
    Moves
    21 Sep '07 21:33
    Many thanks,
  8. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    21 Sep '07 22:02

9. Joined
    06 Sep '07
    Moves
    21 Sep '07 22:13
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Yes it was up and booked and I saw my flag up, my days left to book went down too.I was just looking why this maybe was, the games I lost were all a one move per day and no bank tournament, I booked the days off after it started, thats the only thing I can think of that may have made it too late.
    The FAQ is very unhelpful really and doesnt explain any clauses against using the vacation flag.
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    22 Sep '07 18:46
    Originally posted by Pigface1
    Yes it was up and booked and I saw my flag up, my days left to book went down too.I was just looking why this maybe was, the games I lost were all a one move per day and no bank tournament, I booked the days off after it started, thats the only thing I can think of that may have made it too late.
    The FAQ is very unhelpful really and doesnt explain any clauses against using the vacation flag.
    You're not on vacation.

D
  11. Joined
    06 Sep '07
    Moves
    23 Sep '07 16:08
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    You're not on vacation.

D
    Not now, I was up until the 17th for a few days, it all appeared to be fine for me as I said, there was nothing to indicate that I had not done it correctly.
  12. Joined
    06 Sep '07
    Moves
    24 Sep '07 13:11
    Not now, I was up until the 17th for a few days, it all appeared to be fine for me as I said, there was nothing to indicate that I had not done it correctly.
    Also one of my opponents confirmed he saw my flag up too, this was a non tournament game, do tournaments with no time bank not accept the vacation flag? I really want to know if this was a bug or if it doesnt count for certain conditions, any one have any ideas?
  13. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    24 Sep '07 18:57
    Also one of my opponents confirmed he saw my flag up too, this was a non tournament game, do tournaments with no time bank not accept the vacation flag? I really want to know if this was a bug or if it doesnt count for certain conditions, any one have any ideas?
    If you are sure that your vacation flag was up when you were timed out, then send Feedback.

If they were all tournament games, then it sounds like the auto-timeout kicked in and zapped the games.
  14. Joined
    06 Sep '07
    Moves
    24 Sep '07 19:431 edit
    Originally posted by orangutan
    If you are sure that your vacation flag was up when you were timed out, then send Feedback.

If they were all tournament games, then it sounds like the auto-timeout kicked in and zapped the games.
    I am sure one of my opponents verified he saw the flag, I have sent feedback thanks, I dont mind too much as I was most likely going to lose most of those games anyway 🙂
    I just want to find out if its a bug or not.
    Thanks for your reply

Great avatar btw, Christopher Walken ftw!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree