Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 25 Oct '06 19:35
    I have emailed the admin about this, but didn't receive a satisfactory answer. Twice, after only 2 moves by each player, I have suddenly been awarded the win, even though winning was impossible. Also, in each of these cases, the moves were made well within move time limits, etc. I really don't WANT these games attributed as wins, since they WEREN'T wins, they were bugs! Also, it doesn't seem fair to attribute a loss to the other party. Can anyone back me up here? I am afraid this will happen again. The response from the board admin was "Please see the section in the help files regarding "Move Timeouts." I don't see anything there to help me. Here is the game:
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/core/playchess.php?gameid=2644545
  2. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    25 Oct '06 19:39
    On the My Games page you apparantly have hit the skull icon. This causes you to claim the win because the time limit set for your opponent to make a move, has elapsed. At that time the skull icon pops up.
  3. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    26 Oct '06 06:37
    Never attribute to a bug what can more easily be attributed to your own misunderstanding.
  4. 03 Nov '06 11:09
    YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK GAME 2521628 WHERE MY OPPONENT RESIGNED AFTER TWO MOVES EACH. NO RISK, NO TIMEOUTS -- COULD IT BE HE/SHE WAS PLAYING FOR A LOWER RATING? SURELY NOT! IF A PLAYER PLAYS THAT GAME, WOULD IT NOT BE AGAINST A PLAYER RATED 888 NOT 1500 LIKE ME ...? Game 2521628
  5. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    03 Nov '06 11:10
    Originally posted by Coach David
    YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK GAME 2521628 WHERE MY OPPONENT RESIGNED AFTER TWO MOVES EACH. NO RISK, NO TIMEOUTS -- COULD IT BE HE/SHE WAS PLAYING FOR A LOWER RATING? SURELY NOT! IF A PLAYER PLAYS THAT GAME, WOULD IT NOT BE AGAINST A PLAYER RATED 888 NOT 1500 LIKE ME ...? Game 2521628
    Never ever post again.
  6. 03 Nov '06 11:43
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Never ever post again.
    Please, feel fre to post any question you have about problems or anything you want help about.
    Don't ever hesitate to ask for help when you need help.

Any other advice is considered rude and unpolite.
  7. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    03 Nov '06 19:17 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Coach David
    No need for the all caps... That is a 10 move game you linked to, not 2 moves each. You'd need to ask that user why they quit. There is no bug.

P-
  8. 03 Nov '06 20:20
    Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
    Go away, loser.
    Showing lack of social skills, you too, are you?
  9. 03 Nov '06 21:48
    What kind of retarded question is that?
    I think you just answered my question with an example.
    Thank you.
  10. Standard member Frank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    03 Nov '06 23:01
    I think you are a boring, annoying forum poster that pretends to be righteous and useful to the community when in fact you don't really contribute as much as you think, just the usual arguing and empty useless posts.
    No thanks.
    Try the decaf...
  11. Standard member Frank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    03 Nov '06 23:11
    Do you have anything useful to say?
    Do you? Or do you just think you do?
  12. Standard member Frank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    03 Nov '06 23:14
    I've contributed much to the chess forum, and this is a chess site. What about you?
    How much is "much".
  13. Standard member Frank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    03 Nov '06 23:17 / 1 edit
    Go away, loser.
    Here's how much you've contributed to the forum. By all means, keep up the good work.
  14. Standard member Frank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    03 Nov '06 23:19
    Do you ever post in the chess forum? Do you ever look in the chess forum? How are you qualified to judge how much or how little I contribute to the Chess forum? Give up, prat.
    Well, if this is indicitive of your efforts. 'Nuff said.
  15. Standard member Frank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    03 Nov '06 23:24
    Stop it Jimmy. The hole you dig just keeps on getting deeper and deeper. You're just exposing yourself. It's getting late for you over there. Turn the coffee pot off.