1. Los Angeles
    Moves
    04 Aug '08 19:33
    When I log on I'm told I have, 4 or 8 or 10 games waiting etc. even though I may have zero games waiting. When I press "My Games" I then get the true count. This only started recently. How do I get rid of this problem?..Thanks
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    04 Aug '08 20:16
    Originally posted by taipei5200
    When I log on I'm told I have, 4 or 8 or 10 games waiting etc. even though I may have zero games waiting. When I press "My Games" I then get the true count. This only started recently. How do I get rid of this problem?..Thanks
    Someone will probably tell you how to clear your cache, if you know how, give it a try.

P-
  3. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    04 Aug '08 20:18
    My games waiting list bounces among several past and current values depending on how many times I click refresh. See also threads "refresh?" and "default to previous position" in this forum. Still a mystery. The usual advice is refresh, clear cache, etc, but there has to be something better than having to refresh every single game??
  4. USA
    Moves
    04 Aug '08 20:53
    No problems on my side, maybe it's because I'm using a far superior Mac...
  5. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    06 Aug '08 09:48
    Originally posted by taipei5200
    Same has happened to me aswell.
  6. Los Angeles
    Moves
    06 Aug '08 18:41
    Still have the same problem
  7. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    06 Aug '08 23:49
    I have to refresh my game waiting list AND refresh each game individually before I get the correct position. I'm going to lose a piece one of these days because of this. I also have to refresh each thread of the forums. 😠
  8. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    07 Aug '08 12:05
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    I have to refresh my game waiting list AND refresh each game individually before I get the correct position. I'm going to lose a piece one of these days because of this. I also have to refresh each thread of the forums. 😠
    I don't think this is anything that this site is doing. I've got no trouble.

Do you access the internet through a proxy server of any sort?
    If you are using a proxy sever it could be doing the caching.

Note: Depending on your ISP you could have transparent proxy servers - there's not much that can be done about that - the ISP's put them in place so that the amount of bandwidth they consume is limited.

Have you tried making sure that your browser always requests up-to-date pages?
    I.E : tools->internet options->general tab->settings for temp. internet files. Make sure the "every visit" option is selected.
    Firefox: tools->options->advanced -> network tab. Set the cache size to zero.

A zero size cache in Firefox does not prevent cacheing altogether. To do that go to about:config type browser.cache in the filter field and set the disk.cache and memory.cache values to false. This will probably slow everything down a bit as everything now has to be fetched from the server every time.
  9. Los Angeles
    Moves
    07 Aug '08 21:22
    Following your instuctions appears to have solved my problem. Many thanks and thanks to others who answered my post.
  10. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    09 Aug '08 16:10
    Originally posted by orangutan
    Have you tried making sure that your browser always requests up-to-date pages?
    I.E : tools->internet options->general tab->settings for temp. internet files. Make sure the "every visit" option is selected.
    YES, that works. Thank you....thank you. Come here you big monkey...kiss...kiss...kiss.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree