1. Swansea
    Moves
    21 Apr '06 16:15
    sorry that this isnt to do with this site but I just wondered how I could get rid of the drop down box when I search for things on Google, I use it as my main research tool for my art, projects etc and everytime I press one letter a huge list of past things searched for comes down and its a pain in the rear, ive tried deleting temp net files, cookies etc but they are still there! any ideas?

thanksπŸ™‚
  2. Standard memberleisurelysloth
    Man of Steel
    rushing to and fro
    Moves
    21 Apr '06 17:04
    Originally posted by expressiveoutburst
    sorry that this isnt to do with this site but I just wondered how I could get rid of the drop down box when I search for things on Google, I use it as my main research tool for my art, projects etc and everytime I press one letter a huge list of past things searched for comes down and its a pain in the rear, ive tried deleting temp net files, cookies etc but they are still there! any ideas?

thanksπŸ™‚
    Interesting. I use IE version 6 at work. I cleared the cache yesterday and so, would have expected this junk to disappear. However, you are quite right, there was still a laundry list of searches. I was able to manually delete everything in the drop down box--you might try that.
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '06 19:012 edits
    Try this;
    Click Start, point to Settings, point to Control Panel, and then click Internet Options.
    Click the Advanced tab, and then uncheck the Use inline AutoComplete box.
    3. Click OK.

Also;
    On the Google toolbar,click if you see Options button, then under the search tab, uncheck the box for suggest popular queries as you type
  4. Swansea
    Moves
    21 Apr '06 19:18
    Originally posted by leisurelysloth
    Interesting. I use IE version 6 at work. I cleared the cache yesterday and so, would have expected this junk to disappear. However, you are quite right, there was still a laundry list of searches. I was able to manually delete everything in the drop down box--you might try that.
    what did you do to delete them manually? thanks for the help πŸ™‚
  5. Swansea
    Moves
    21 Apr '06 19:19
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Try this;
    Click Start, point to Settings, point to Control Panel, and then click Internet Options.
    Click the Advanced tab, and then uncheck the [b]Use inline AutoComplete
    box.
    3. Click OK.

Also;
    On the Google toolbar,click if you see Options button, then under the search tab, uncheck the box for suggest popular queries as you type[/b]
    this box is already unchecked, just looked for it, also on the google options, is that the preferences? if it is there wasnt an option on there to do that πŸ˜• thanks for the help
  6. Swansea
    Moves
    21 Apr '06 19:26
    no worries, sorted it out now, by deleting each letters worth of searches with the actual delete button instead of the other delete button I was pressing, thanks for your help πŸ™‚
  7. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    21 Apr '06 20:10
    no worries, sorted it out now, by deleting each letters worth of searches with the actual delete button instead of the other delete button I was pressing, thanks for your help πŸ™‚
    Oh man, silly Windows...
  8. Standard membermosquitorespect
    Not Royalty
    Not in a palace
    Moves
    21 Apr '06 20:171 edit
    Coincidentally, I was looking at the google help screens today at work, which tell you how to do this in Firefox, IE, MSN and Safari.

And that was only half an hour after you posted. 😲
    That's pretty weird

http://www.google.co.uk/support/bin/topic.py?topic=352
  9. Swansea
    Moves
    21 Apr '06 20:26
    Originally posted by mosquitorespect
    Coincidentally, I was looking at the google help screens today at work, which tell you how to do this in Firefox, IE, MSN and Safari.

And that was only half an hour after you posted. 😲
    That's pretty weird

http://www.google.co.uk/support/bin/topic.py?topic=352
    cheers for that, ive got it in my favourites for future reference πŸ™‚

that was abit weird though lol thanks all πŸ™‚

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree