1. USA
    Moves
    30 Jul '08 19:412 edits
    I have the Greasmonkey Forum script enabled, which I think should make every thread in the thread list that I didn;t read yet bold, and the ones I posted in with a red dot next it, and the ones I posted in and have recieved a reply should have a green dot next to it.

However, now all I see is the everything in the "last post" column in bold, and even when I read a thread it still looks like its unread when I go back to the thread list. Also, Whenver I post none of the red dots appear next to the thread title.

All my other scripts I have enabled seem to be working just fine.

So is there some new updated script, or is something just wrong with greasmonkey?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-DMMC
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '08 23:451 edit
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    I have the Greasmonkey Forum script enabled, which I think should make every thread in the thread list that I didn;t read yet bold, and the ones I posted in with a red dot next it, and the ones I posted in and have recieved a reply should have a green dot next to it.

However, now all I see is the everything in the "last post" column in bold, and e ...[text shortened]... r is something just wrong with greasmonkey?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-DMMC
    Seems very erratic here too. Sometimes some bits work and sometimes they don't.
    I keep reinstalling and uninstalling everything but it doesn't help.
    Also I noticed the points predictions for games you are playing seem to have disappeared some of the time.

Don't think it's greasemonkey itself as I use it elsewhere with no problem.
  3. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    02 Aug '08 01:16
    Check Thread 97903. See if that helps.
  4. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    02 Aug '08 01:16
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Seems very erratic here too. Sometimes some bits work and sometimes they don't.
    I keep reinstalling and uninstalling everything but it doesn't help.
    Also I noticed the points predictions for games you are playing seem to have disappeared some of the time.

Don't think it's greasemonkey itself as I use it elsewhere with no problem.
    Which site are you using?
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    02 Aug '08 13:49
    This subject came up a few weeks ago, and it seems to me that it turned out being a problem with the newest Firefox upgrade and some of the greasemonkey scripts.

Does that sound familiar to anyone, or am I thinking of something unrelated?

If that is the problem I think you can find and reinstall an older version of the firefox browser and see if that fixes the problem.
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    02 Aug '08 16:262 edits
    Originally posted by ouroboros
    Which site are you using?
    I use www.playtheimmortalgame.com

I still have firefox 2.0.0.16

Haven't seen a red or a green dot for a couple of weeks.
    The bold [unread posts] has been working ususally but not always.
  7. The sky
    Moves
    02 Aug '08 22:24
    I use www.playtheimmortalgame.com

I still have firefox 2.0.0.16

Haven't seen a red or a green dot for a couple of weeks.
    The bold [unread posts] has been working ususally but not always.
    Same here - same problems, same Firefox version, the only difference is that I use TFC. It started when I updated the script (probably something like two weeks ago or so when I got the message that a newer version is available).
  8. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 14:20
    Ensure that you have the Jul 20th version of the script at

http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/forum.user.js?ver=20080720.user.js

If you look into the comments of the script, the last history item should dated 2008-JUL-20.
  9. The sky
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 17:002 edits
    Ensure that you have the Jul 20th version of the script at

http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/forum.user.js?ver=20080720.user.js

If you look into the comments of the script, the last history item should dated 2008-JUL-20.
    Thanks. Apparently I indeed didn't have the latest version (don't know why, I installed it when the change was made, and I ctrl-reloaded to make sure I'd get the last version). Now I managed to get the last version, but things are still weird. I get some dark blobs (I still haven't figured out what those mean, they seem quite random), but no red or green blobs.

Edit: Now, after posting, all blobs and bold fonts disappeared again in this forum. So apparently the behaviour hasn't changed apart from getting the dark blobs back when it works at all.

Edit 2: Page 2 of this forum looks all right. There's even a red blob, and further back there are green blobs as well. The first page of the General Forum has dark blobs only and no bold fonts to show new threads/posts, even though I am quite sure I haven't read all the threads. The first page of this forum still has neither blobs nor bold fonts.
  10. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 17:072 edits
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Thanks. Apparently I indeed didn't have the latest version (don't know why, I installed it when the change was made, and I ctrl-reloaded to make sure I'd get the last version). Now I managed to get the last version, but things are still weird. I get some dark blobs (I still haven't figured out what those mean, they seem quite random), but no red or green blo ...[text shortened]... y the behaviour hasn't changed apart from getting the dark blobs back when it works at all.
    Same here - dark blobs.
    Haven't logged off yet so I dunno if the same will happen for me as it did to you.

testing testing 1 2 1 2..........

edit: yup same as yours.

edit2: no blobs in this forum at all but in the general I see bluish blobs next to some threads I haven't posted in - the rest are yellow. 😕😕
  11. The sky
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 17:121 edit
    Same here - dark blobs.
    Haven't logged off yet so I dunno if the same will happen for me as it did to you.

testing testing 1 2 1 2..........

edit: yup same as yours.
    I hadn't thought of logging off, tried that now. I got dark blobs and bold threads in this forum now, although that's probably not due to logging off and on because there still are no bold threads in General. I wonder if it's because you posted after my post. I have noticed that the marking often seems to disappear right after posting. I'll see if this happens again now.

Edit: Yup.
  12. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 17:15
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I hadn't thought of logging off, tried that now. I got dark blobs and bold threads in this forum now, although that's probably not due to logging off and on because there still are no bold threads in General. I wonder if it's because you posted after my post. I have noticed that the marking often seems to disappear right after posting. I'll see if this happens again now.

Edit: Yup.
    edit2 above - seems to be the same for me - nothing in this forum.
  13. The sky
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 17:27
    edit2 above - seems to be the same for me - nothing in this forum.
    Yep, it started working again after you posted. 🙂 (Of course now it'll stop working again.)
  14. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    05 Aug '08 01:13
    Okay, I'll try to take a look at it tomorrow.

The dark blobs are threads that you have viewed. Someone requested that functionality.
  15. The sky
    Moves
    05 Aug '08 01:24
    The dark blobs are threads that you have viewed.
    Some threads I have viewed have dark blobs, some don't (the font correctly shows them as read without new postings).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree