1. Joined
    21 Jun '07
    Moves
    10 Aug '09 17:08
    I have sent site feedback a few weeks ago but no response so thought I would try here again. Recently I have lost a number of functions within redhotpawn:

No analyse board - the option has been removed
    When I castle the rook doesn't move until after hitting submit
    When taking a piece it doesn't automatically show

The first one is the main thing as I like reviewing the games to see what has happened but I can no longer do this. All of this is happening on my PC but it started when I used my phone to do some moves. Why is this now happening on the PC all the time.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I am starting to get very annoyed with this and the lack of help from site admin!!!
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Aug '09 17:44
    Originally posted by whyikit
    I have sent site feedback a few weeks ago but no response so thought I would try here again. Recently I have lost a number of functions within redhotpawn:

No analyse board - the option has been removed
    When I castle the rook doesn't move until after hitting submit
    When taking a piece it doesn't automatically show

The first one is the main thing as ...[text shortened]... fix this? I am starting to get very annoyed with this and the lack of help from site admin!!!
    Tell us what system you are using, and operating system, and brower.
    Tell us if you have cockies on or off, if you have cleared the cache recently, if you use any monkey scripts, and other facts that can be useful for us.

If you submit all these facts you are more likely to get help from us. We don't like to guess, when your info is as sparse as yours.

The system works well for me, and I suppose the rest of us. The problem is probably on your side.
  3. Joined
    21 Jun '07
    Moves
    10 Aug '09 18:462 edits
    OK thanks for the post.

I am running Vista on AMD Turion 64 *2 2ghz 2GB RAM HP Pavillion dv6000
    IE7.0.6
    cookies are on have been deleted
    No idea what monkey scripts are?

Also tried it on Firefox and get the same problems as above. In addition when in my games and I try and sort by move it just loads up a different folder and doesn't sort?

Any help gratefully recieved
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Aug '09 20:02
    OK thanks for the post.

I am running Vista on AMD Turion 64 *2 2ghz 2GB RAM HP Pavillion dv6000
    IE7.0.6
    cookies are on have been deleted
    No idea what monkey scripts are?

Also tried it on Firefox and get the same problems as above. In addition when in my games and I try and sort by move it just loads up a different folder and doesn't sort?

Any help gratefully recieved
    Go to a friend (or any other internet connection) and see if you can access RHP from there without problems.
    Like at your school, your dads work, your local library, your local computer store, or an internet cafè.
  5. Joined
    21 Jun '07
    Moves
    10 Aug '09 20:091 edit
    Already tried that and get the same problem on my partners laptop, also used in a couple of airport internet connections.

School, left over 13 years ago!!

I have used computers for a while and know my way around them, hence why this one is confusing me.
  6. Standard memberJohn of Reading
    Scotch addict
    Moves
    10 Aug '09 20:44
    Have you been switched to the mobile/legacy interface to RHP somehow? What do you see at this link:

http://www.redhotpawn.com/myhome/myboardtype.php
  7. Joined
    21 Jun '07
    Moves
    10 Aug '09 21:051 edit
    Your a star!! That has fixed it, no idea how that happened.😀

If that happens again do you know how to get to that via the menu options?

Thanks again
    😀
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Aug '09 10:14
    Now we know that the Help Site is indeed working properly.
  9. Standard memberJohn of Reading
    Scotch addict
    Moves
    11 Aug '09 11:48
    If that happens again do you know how to get to that via the menu options?
    Go to My Settings > My Board Settings and then click the link marked "click here"
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    11 Aug '09 18:281 edit
    Just for the record, we did respond to your feedback, but your mail provider keeps bouncing our email.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree