1. Joined
    20 Jun '07
    Moves
    20 Jun '07 19:55
    In chapter 8 of Majestic Chess, you have the position 8/8/8/3BB3/8/8/5q2/8 b - - 0 1 (White Bishops on d5 and e5 and Black Queen on f2). You are to add two kings so that White can checkmate Black in one move.

Any help?
  2. Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 19:441 edit

Well there's the board.
  3. Standard memberjfkjmh
    nice one
    bed, chair or floor
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 20:36
    Originally posted by DroopyPawn
    In chapter 8 of Majestic Chess, you have the position 8/8/8/3BB3/8/8/5q2/8 b - - 0 1 (White Bishops on d5 and e5 and Black Queen on f2). You are to add two kings so that White can checkmate Black in one move.

Any help?
    Does it state "White to move" or not?
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 12:241 edit
    Originally posted by jfkjmh
    Does it state "White to move" or not?
    The FEN (8/8/8/3BB3/8/8/5q2/8 b)

That little b at the end of the FEN means Black to Move.

P-
  5. Standard memberjfkjmh
    nice one
    bed, chair or floor
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 16:08
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    The FEN (8/8/8/3BB3/8/8/5q2/8 b)

That little b at the end of the FEN means Black to Move.

P-
    Thank you, Phlab.

Hint: Black moves the queen, White moves a bishop. Or have you left the site already?
  6. Joined
    20 Jun '07
    Moves
    23 Jun '07 08:05
    Sorry I'm late. I don't know how the b got at the end of my FEN. It should be White's move and White should be able to mate in 1. We have to add the two Kings to the position above to make this possible. I worked on it for a while. Couldn't come up with anything.
  7. The sky
    Moves
    23 Jun '07 22:14
    Sorry I'm late. I don't know how the b got at the end of my FEN. It should be White's move and White should be able to mate in 1. We have to add the two Kings to the position above to make this possible. I worked on it for a while. Couldn't come up with anything.
    The best I could come up with is white king on f6 (in check), black king on h8, then moving the white king to g6. But that's mate in two, not one.
  8. Standard memberjfkjmh
    nice one
    bed, chair or floor
    Moves
    23 Jun '07 22:441 edit
    Thats' the one I came up too, Nordlys (or with a white King on h6).

I was afraid that you meant white was to move. This makes it VERY hard. Or is Majestic chess a different game?
    Maybe you should post your question in "posers and puzzles"? There should be more people interested in puzzles like this,
    Besides, the help forum is supposed to be for technical questions about the site, this is probably why someone "helped" with the fen.
  9. The sky
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 00:24
    (or with a white King on h6).
    That doesn't work, because black would already be in check, which isn't possible if it's white's move.
  10. Joined
    20 Jun '07
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 01:54
    Thats' the one I came up too, Nordlys (or with a white King on h6).

I was afraid that you meant white was to move. This makes it VERY hard. Or is Majestic chess a different game?
    Maybe you should post your question in "posers and puzzles"? There should be more people interested in puzzles like this,
    Besides, the help forum is supposed to be for technical questions about the site, this is probably why someone "helped" with the fen.
    Yeah, I noticed that this was not the right place to post, but only after I had already made the post.

But while we're at it, how DO you post a board diagram like the one above? I haven't seen any instructions posted. (Didn't really look either.)
  11. Standard memberjfkjmh
    nice one
    bed, chair or floor
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 12:39
    Yeah, I noticed that this was not the right place to post, but only after I had already made the post.

But while we're at it, how DO you post a board diagram like the one above? I haven't seen any instructions posted. (Didn't really look either.)
    The board is already posted. If you click on reply and quote of that post, you'll see how it's done.
  12. Joined
    26 Aug '08
    Moves
    26 Aug '08 23:21
    Where do you place 12 knights to threaten or occupy all spaces on the board?
  13. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '08 14:474 edits
    Do you want the solution or hints? [oh I see this one is a bit outdated; the answer is wKf3 bKh1 - 1. Kxf2#].

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree