Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. Standard member cadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    14 Apr '06 13:35
    Is it possible to make Redhotpawn my homepage, there doesn't seem to be a link to do this.
  2. 14 Apr '06 13:51 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by cadwah
    Is it possible to make Redhotpawn my homepage, there doesn't seem to be a link to do this.
    I am not sure what you mean by homepage (that word seems to be used in several ways), but if you mean to make it your start page (the page which comes up when you open your browser), you can change that yourself somewhere in your browser settings. In Firefox, you can even start with several pages (I start with My Games and the Forums page).
  3. Standard member cadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    14 Apr '06 14:01
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I am not sure what you mean by homepage (that word seems to be used in several ways), but if you mean to make it your start page (the page which comes up when you open your browser), you can change that yourself somewhere in your browser settings. In Firefox, you can even start with several pages (I start with My Games and the Forums page).
    That is what I mean, I am completely inept at stuff like this on computers. If it doesn't have a link and a message in bright neon lights saying 'Make RHP your Homepage' i'm lost.
  4. 14 Apr '06 14:07
    Originally posted by cadwah
    That is what I mean, I am completely inept at stuff like this on computers. If it doesn't have a link and a message in bright neon lights saying 'Make RHP your Homepage' i'm lost.
    Have you figured it out? I am afraid I can't give you very detailed instructions because I don't know what browser you use, and mine is in Norwegian, so I can only guess what yours would say. But you probably have to go to Tools - Settings, and somewhere there (in Firefox under "General" ) it should say something like "start page", and there should be a field where you can insert an internet address. Copy the address of the page you would like to start with and paste it.
  5. Standard member cadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    14 Apr '06 14:11
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Have you figured it out? I am afraid I can't give you very detailed instructions because I don't know what browser you use, and mine is in Norwegian, so I can only guess what yours would say. But you probably have to go to Tools - Settings, and somewhere there (in Firefox under "General" ) it should say something like "start page", and there should be a fiel ...[text shortened]... internet address. Copy the address of the page you would like to start with and paste it.
    Got it, Thanks Nordlys.
  6. 15 Apr '06 20:46
    Originally posted by cadwah
    That is what I mean, I am completely inept at stuff like this on computers. If it doesn't have a link and a message in bright neon lights saying 'Make RHP your Homepage' i'm lost.
    *sigh*

    Learn your computer settings people.