1. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    24 Nov '07 14:46
    I was just wondering if any of you webmasters know how it works. How can the site administrators on this website tell which accounts are used by one person? It is allowed to have multiple accounts on one internet access in case others at home want to play too, I have been told.

How can you tell when multiple accounts are being used by just one person and distinguish this from usage by more people.

This intrigues me a bit. And I am nosy.
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    24 Nov '07 15:35
    Originally posted by Aiko
    I was just wondering if any of you webmasters know how it works. How can the site administrators on this website tell which accounts are used by one person? It is allowed to have multiple accounts on one internet access in case others at home want to play too, I have been told.

How can you tell when multiple accounts are being used by just one person and distinguish this from usage by more people.

Much like game moderation, you are asking for the secret that will allow multi users to get around the solution. Some things are better left unsaid.

P-
  3. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    24 Nov '07 15:46

Maybe they can, maybe they can't.

If in doubt they cast them out.
  4. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    24 Nov '07 16:07
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Much like game moderation, you are asking for the secret that will allow multi users to get around the solution. Some things are better left unsaid.

P-
    So, you are saying it is possible to avoid this at home. IP-numbers cannot be the trick. Is it cookies?
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    24 Nov '07 16:18
    So, you are saying it is possible to avoid this at home. IP-numbers cannot be the trick. Is it cookies?
    How do I make a nuke?

"Can't tell you, it's dangerous!"

Do you use plutonium or Uranium? How much? How long should I boil it?

-----

Listen, I don't know or care how they get it right. They decided they got it wrong once, and reversed a decision with a couple users. We just have to trust when they do it they did it right.

P-
  6. Earth Prime
    Moves
    24 Nov '07 17:27
    The main reason for not allowing 2 accounts is that they could play each other and boost one of the account's rating. So obviously when they see 2 people play each other, and one of them either keeps losing to the same moves, or resigning after 3 moves, they get em. Those are the multi-accounters doing the most damage, but also the ones getting caught the most. I'm sure there are other. less conspicuous people with 2 accounts so they can play 12 games or whatever reason, that don't get caught.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree