1. Colorado, USA
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 21:06
    Ok, sorry for a newbie question, I dug as much as I could. I just signed up yesterday and already got 2 challenges. I clicked on the email which sent me to "My games" where the two challenges were listed with "opponent to move" buttons. When I clicked to see the game, I expected to see an "I accept" button. All I saw was a green arrow to "my games". There was no obvious way to communicate back to the challenger that I accepted. Should I shoot them a message? I feel like I am missing something obvious. Thanks for any help. I really look forward to RHP.

As I was typing this, one of the games just disappeared - wonder if I should have done something.
  2. Standard membercelticcountry
    Copyright ©2001-2006
    Eastbourne
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 21:32
    Originally posted by Coventry
    Ok, sorry for a newbie question, I dug as much as I could. I just signed up yesterday and already got 2 challenges. I clicked on the email which sent me to "My games" where the two challenges were listed with "opponent to move" buttons. When I clicked to see the game, I expected to see an "I accept" button. All I saw was a green arrow to "my games". Th ...[text shortened]... typing this, one of the games just disappeared - wonder if I should have done something.
    hi..ill challenge you to a game.

youll pick it up in no time.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 21:35
    Ok, sorry for a newbie question, I dug as much as I could. I just signed up yesterday and already got 2 challenges. I clicked on the email which sent me to "My games" where the two challenges were listed with "opponent to move" buttons. When I clicked to see the game, I expected to see an "I accept" button. All I saw was a green arrow to "my games". Th ...[text shortened]... typing this, one of the games just disappeared - wonder if I should have done something.
    You accept the challenge by doing a move.
    You decline a challenge by deleting tha game by clicking the trashcan.
    Why one of the games disapeared was probably because he who challenged you deleted the game of some reason.

Welcome to Red Hot Pawn!
  4. Colorado, USA
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 21:36
    Great. Please shoot me a challenge and I'll see if I can not drop the ball on this one.

Thanks
  5. Colorado, USA
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 21:37
    OK, But what if they challenge me and THEY are white? I need to wait for them to move first.
  6. Standard memberIM4Y2NV
    Dadohalic
    Finger tip talking.
    Moves
    04 Jan '07 01:48
    OK, But what if they challenge me and THEY are white? I need to wait for them to move first.
    Yes. That is correct.

Good Luck.

Play well & have fun while you are here.
  7. Södertälje
    Moves
    16 Jan '07 21:34
    Wouldn't it be nice to have an accept/decline challenge option instead of having to delete it?
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 03:37
    Originally posted by Chippy Minton
    Wouldn't it be nice to have an accept/decline challenge option instead of having to delete it?
    You can always send a message why your deleting it, if you wanted.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 07:321 edit
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    You can always send a message why your deleting it, if you wanted.
    I always do.
    When I decline a game, I mess back to tell him why, and then delete the game.

It can be of various reasons, such as my heavy game load, not suitable thinking time, about to have a vacation or to big difference in ratings, etc...

Perhaps I challenge him in return with my options set and met.
  10. Joined
    22 Nov '06
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 09:19
    on the 'open invites' page , some games have a 'accept game offer' link , others don't .... why is this ?
  11. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 11:20
    Originally posted by cairn
    on the 'open invites' page , some games have a 'accept game offer' link , others don't .... why is this ?
    Your rating does not match the range they have set.

when creating an open invite you can state that you only want to play against opponents within a certain range (i.e. 1400 - 1500) and you do not match that criteria.
  12. Joined
    22 Nov '06
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 16:21
    mca
    .. ah, i see ... thanks

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree