Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Oct '12 08:54
    2nd Free Subscription Contest
    Details 23 Oct '12 02:48
    Originally posted by JS357
    Just trying to keep it interesting GB.

"Please don't encourage the interest. There is no prize. It's a hoax, purely for attention." -Mikelom
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    23 Oct '12 12:53
    As is this thread.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Oct '12 13:00
    23 Oct '12 07:56 :: 2 edits
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Cool! As you'll find out there is no way to pay for a recurring subscription. QED - it's a hoax! -m.

19 Oct '12 15:54
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    Gramps,
    A word of warning, it seems to be impossible to extend a current subscription. I have made 2 payments to RHP for the winners of my contest, but got this final word back from Russ this morning:

"Dear Steve Willingham (Monty Moose),
    Thank you for your recent feedback.
    Both of these player have an active recurring subscription, ...[text shortened]... yone with an idea please pm me). A non-sub winner does not seem to be a problem."

Best, Steve

Thanks. Quick thought would be that 1) The Second Place Finisher's RHP Store purschase isn't affected; 2) First Place Winner (if already a subscriber)
    could a) Designate a non-subscriber friend to receive it; b) Redeem it at Russ' Store; or c) Be given a Gift Certificate at Amazon. Thoughts? -gb

Mikelom:
    Gifting the prize to a non-subscriber or charity represents additional option.
    Please cease and desist from confusing potial member participation.

Thank you.
  4. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    23 Oct '12 14:161 edit
    Basically, reading into the actual 'issue' with regard to recurring subs and 'subscription prizes', the subscriber would have to discontinue his recurring sub. This however would automatically lose his or her discount received for the loyalty scheme at RHP. It's fine for a new subscriber ( anyone continually subscribing after sometime in '08, I believe, when they stopped that scheme ) AND fine for non subs also. Also you cannot actually 'extend' a sub, you'd have to wait until that sub has finished before paying it...I asked about the chances of anyone extending their sub when the site offered 'discounted rates' for RHP's 10th anniversary last year. If the discount was available for only a month, why can't a recent subscriber just 'tack-on' the months they'd used, further extending their sub. Answer, they won;t do it..I'm afraid it unlikely the 'prize' will be of use to all..a shame as the site NEEDS subscribers !!
    Edit: Oh, as to the title of the thread; you'll have to send feedback as non subs can't notify directly from the forum, I believe...one must assume that non subs 'generated' far too many forum direct complaints 😉 ....
  5. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    23 Oct '12 14:56

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Oct '12 15:10
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Basically, reading into the actual 'issue' with regard to recurring subs and 'subscription prizes', the subscriber would have to discontinue his recurring sub. This however would automatically lose his or her discount received for the loyalty scheme at RHP. It's fine for a new subscriber ( anyone continually subscribing after sometime in '08, I believe, ...[text shortened]... me that non subs 'generated' far too many forum direct complaints 😉 ....
    Thank you, Rev.

P.S. Sorry for the delays on the 64.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree