1. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    20 Apr '12 15:51
    I just realised I have access to an old account from 5 years ago that I'd rather keep using and I want to delete this account... how?
  2. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    20 Apr '12 16:19
    Originally posted by joecorbu
    I just realised I have access to an old account from 5 years ago that I'd rather keep using and I want to delete this account... how?
    As you have already won a game, you really can't delete the account.

If you SEND FEEDBACK with a request, the admins may roll this game into your other account, but that is most likely more work than it's worth.

All you need to do is go back to your other account and forget that this one ever existed. It won't count as a multiple account unless you play in both accounts concurrently.

The worst offenses for multiple accounts would involve ratings manipulations. That wouldn't be the case here.

Just go back to your old account and forget about this one.
  3. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    20 Apr '12 16:30
    Meh, fair enough but it seems to me that there should be an option to delete your account as there should be (morally speaking) on any online service.

Your suggestion is practical but I'd rather have an option to hit delete... ah well.
  4. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    20 Apr '12 16:42
    The trouble is that when you are on here you are not playing with yourself, so to speak. All your games are part of someone else's record so nothing can be deleted. The only way you can leave the site is log off and never come back, not that I'm suggesting you do.
  5. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    20 Apr '12 17:29
    Gotcha. They should find a way around this but I understand.

Cheers for the replies.
  6. Joined
    06 May '12
    Moves
    06 May '12 17:29
    I have opened an account in error. I am interested in live chess only. Please unsubscribe me from your site. Finally - There should always be available an unsubscribe facility.
  7. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    06 May '12 22:54
    Originally posted by reblak
    I have opened an account in error. I am interested in live chess only. Please unsubscribe me from your site. Finally - There should always be available an unsubscribe facility.
    You don't need an unsubscribe, just log out and leave the site. Or you could try the Blitz page, link is in the header underneath the log-out link.
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    07 May '12 17:02
    How do I delete someone else's account?

Thanks in advance.
  9. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    10 May '12 01:43
    Originally posted by reblak
    I thought this was live chess😞

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree