Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 07 Mar '07 23:44
    I have seen than often, when you post any thread, then you have a number of recommendations next to your nick and date of post (example: aGoRessive:: 07 Mar '07 04:35 :: 1 recommendations)..I would like to know what does it exactly mean and how does it work, 'cause sometimes althouht you wrotte something the count is 0..or more than 1. tHanks to the hope's answereR.
  2. 08 Mar '07 08:07
    Is this a subscribers only thing? Yes, perhaps.
  3. Standard member MCA
    TokerSmurf
    08 Mar '07 08:11
    Originally posted by aGoRessivE
    I have seen than often, when you post any thread, then you have a number of recommendations next to your nick and date of post (example: aGoRessive:: 07 Mar '07 04:35 :: 1 recommendations)..I would like to know what does it exactly mean and how does it work, 'cause sometimes althouht you wrotte something the count is 0..or more than 1. tHanks to the hope's answereR.
    users who subscribe to the site (i.e. pay for a star) get the ability to recommend any posts made by others (non-sub dont get this option). the number of recs on a post is an indication of how many subs have rec'd the post. you can view all recommended post by clicking the "Recommended" link (right hand side of the menu bar above)

    the reason for rec is sometimes not obvious and depends on who recs it but the most common reasons are that the post was funny, informative, helpful or clever.

    hope this makes things clearer

    MCA
  4. 08 Mar '07 13:13
    Very clear! thanks for your explanation
  5. 08 Mar '07 13:37
    Originally posted by aGoRessivE
    How dOes RecommenDations woRk?
    Not vEry well, tO be TruthFul.
  6. 08 Mar '07 13:55
    You don't get any until you learn how to properly capitalize your sentences.
  7. 08 Mar '07 15:23
    Originally posted by zebano
    You don't get any until you learn how to properly capitalize your sentences.
    nO nO no nO...tHat is nOt tHe way my fRienD..
  8. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    08 Mar '07 15:36
    Originally posted by aGoRessivE
    nO nO no nO...tHat is nOt tHe way my fRienD..
    dORK