1. Joined
    26 Mar '11
    Moves
    28 Mar '11 14:04
    Please, help me. I am not a subscribe member and I want ask you, can I create a private tournamet for my friends (they are not a subscribe members too and played less than 5 games). If it is real, please, tell me, how I can do it?
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    29 Mar '11 01:031 edit
    Not possible for non-subscribers on this site. You can organise it among yourselves and just create the individual games to suit.
  3. Joined
    30 Jan '11
    Moves
    05 Apr '11 12:44
    I am a subscriber and am struggling to find out how I can create my own tournament, please help.

Also I am wondering if I would be able to invite non-subscribers to the tournament?

Thanks.
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    05 Apr '11 13:141 edit
    Originally posted by beffrey
    I am a subscriber and am struggling to find out how I can create my own tournament, please help.

Also I am wondering if I would be able to invite non-subscribers to the tournament?

Thanks.
    Check the "clubs" out. The link is up near the top right corner of the page. As a subscriber you can create your own club.

Within a club you can create your own tournaments, and I believe non-subscribers are allowed to join clubs. I'm not personally involved with any clubs but you could try sending a PM to someone else who is.

They can probably give you a better answer, especially about non-subs and tournaments. The six game limit may present a problem with getting involved in tournaments within the clubs.

*EDIT* There is also a forum for clubs at the bottom of the forums page. Look through that and maybe you will find answers.

Hope this helped you.
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    05 Apr '11 13:151 edit
    I'm willing to be corrected here, but I believe there are two ways: (1) you need to be the leader of a clan with at least X members (I don't know the X, but it could be five or 8) or (2) you need to be the leader of a club. (1) gets a passworded public tournament (you can share the password any way you wish) and (2) is open to all paying customers in the club. In either case all participants need to be members.

As a club-leader I have organised tournaments which allowed nonsubs to participate, but it's a big task and I wouldn't recommend it as all the games have to be created manually and results recorded manually.

I'd suggest that you look around for a club to join (read the Clubs public forum to find a club which runs lots of tournaments), then ask the club leader to create the kind of tournament you want.
  6. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    05 Apr '11 13:251 edit
    Originally posted by beffrey

Thanks.
    For subscriber tournaments organised through clans or clubs, or even by invitation, this is what you'll need:
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/tournament/createprivate.php

However, only the clan or club bosses can form their own tournies....BUT if there are enough of you you could form your own club and organise whatever you wanted. From there you could set your own forum dedicated to your tournament plans, rules and progression of etc. There is a LOT more involved when trying to set up tournies including non subs and subs together, something to which the above poster has alluded to...but these suggestions are a start for you to consider.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree