1. Standard memberStratford79
    Stratford
    South Africa
    Moves
    07 Mar '13 17:32
    On my king by itself, the other guy only has 1 other piece chasing me around the board.. is there a 25/50/100 move limit for him to get me in CM?

Thanks!😀
  2. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    07 Mar '13 18:14
  3. Standard memberStratford79
    Stratford
    South Africa
    Moves
    12 Mar '13 16:27
    Thanks man, so basically the rule of 50 doesn't apply. He can chase me around all day.. or until he looks up how to. Kinda pointless.

Cheers
  4. Joined
    07 Jul '12
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 18:23
    Originally posted by Stratford79
    Thanks man, so basically the rule of 50 doesn't apply. He can chase me around all day.. or until he looks up how to. Kinda pointless.

Cheers
    The rule of 50 does apply. If he doesn't move a pawn or stalemate you or checkmate you or have any piece captured by your king (actually any piece but since you only have a long king your king in this case is correct) within 50 full moves, then you can claim a draw. He can't capture any of your pieces since you only have a lone king so that is not a possibility. Remember the procedure to claim the draw here is

Case 1: If it is his move that caused the 50 full moves condition to be fulfilled, you

1) Make any legal move with your king (your only piece) that does not capture any of his pieces (IMPORTANT: don't press submit or confirm move yet, just make the move on the board!).

2) Click the claim draw button and make sure to check the checkbox that confirms that you want to claim the draw.

3) Click submit or confirm move.

4) If you have done the above procedures correctly, you will see the game drawn immediately after you click the submit or confirm move. (Wait for the board to refresh to see this).

Case 2: If it is your next move that will result in the 50 full moves condition to be fulfilled, you

1) Make any legal move that will result in the 50 full moves condition to be fulfilled (IMPORTANT: don't press submit or confirm move yet, just make the move on the board!).

2) Click the claim draw button and make sure to check the checkbox that confirms that you want to claim the draw.

3) Click submit or confirm move.

4) If you have done the above procedures correctly, you will see the game drawn immediately after you click the submit or confirm move. (Wait for the board to refresh to see this).
  5. Standard memberStratford79
    Stratford
    South Africa
    Moves
    14 Mar '13 09:19
    legend

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree