1. Joined
    15 Jan '12
    Moves
    02 Apr '13 13:31
    Hello,

I've started games with players wgo stopped playing. After several months of sending email reminders they still don't play. I don't want to claim the "timeout win" because it will give me a false indication of my ranking (since players ranking are greater than mine). I would have wait again but the problem is that I am limited in the number of simultaneous games to play... Do you know how can I delete those games without claiming the timeout win ?

Thanks a lot.
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    02 Apr '13 13:43
    Originally posted by learningspear
    Hello,

I've started games with players wgo stopped playing. After several months of sending email reminders they still don't play. I don't want to claim the "timeout win" because it will give me a false indication of my ranking (since players ranking are greater than mine). I would have wait again but the problem is that I am limited in the number o ...[text shortened]... o you know how can I delete those games without claiming the timeout win ?

Thanks a lot.
    No, once you've made more than three moves in any game you cannot merely delete the game. Both players have been absent for over 5mths and they are just holding up your progress here. That certainly doesn't 'artificially' affect your rate as we all play by the indicated time, and it's only right that games are won and lost when they go beyond that time. You've been far too accommodating with people that plainly couldn't care less, something for which I've been guilty of also...hit the skull and move on !
  3. Joined
    06 Mar '13
    Moves
    02 Apr '13 14:54
    What about when a player has vacation turned on but continues to play - but only after many days between moves?

No skull available. His timeout has been depleted.
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    02 Apr '13 15:221 edit
    Hello,

I've started games with players wgo stopped playing. After several months of sending email reminders they still don't play. I don't want to claim the "timeout win" because it will give me a false indication of my ranking (since players ranking are greater than mine). I would have wait again but the problem is that I am limited in the number o ...[text shortened]... o you know how can I delete those games without claiming the timeout win ?

Thanks a lot.
    If your opponents are no longer making moves, you have two options that allow you to get back to six active games.

1. Claim the win on time.
    2. Resign the game.

Another option is to subscribe, thereby removing the six game limit and allowing you to keep those dead games for however long you want.

Winning a game because your opponent has used up all of their time is totally acceptable. That's why there are chess clocks. Managing your time during a game is part of the skill needed to play the game. From the way you explained it, your opponents are gone, so take the win and move on.
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    02 Apr '13 15:37
    Originally posted by TechDaddy
    What about when a player has vacation turned on but continues to play - but only after many days between moves?

Your post has nothing to do with the original poster's question, but maybe this link will help you.

FAQ
  6. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    02 Apr '13 15:42
    Originally posted by TechDaddy

He's playing entirely within the rules I'm afraid, all subscribers have 36days of flag time available...presently there is no indication as to how long that flag has been booked for, something for which some of us want to change !
  7. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    02 Apr '13 23:59
    Hello,

Thanks a lot.
    You have already claimed 1 timeout win and suffered 6 timeout losses, so taking a couple more timeout wins only brings your rating back up towards where it would have been without those. Take the skulls and get the game slots back.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree