Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 07 Mar '07 12:11
    Hello

    I'm new on this site, hope someone can help me. 2 games were offered to me when I registered but I'm wondering how I can start more games. I believe I can play a maximum of 6, as a non-subscriber.
  2. Subscriber Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    07 Mar '07 12:17
    Originally posted by Dulce de leche
    Hello

    I'm new on this site, hope someone can help me. 2 games were offered to me when I registered but I'm wondering how I can start more games. I believe I can play a maximum of 6, as a non-subscriber.
    Just click on New Game at the top of the page.

    Otherwise, if you want to challenge somebody speicifically, you can do so from their profile. You may want to PM them first, or your game offer may be deleted.

    D
  3. 07 Mar '07 12:19
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Just click on New Game at the top of the page.

    Otherwise, if you want to challenge somebody speicifically, you can do so from their profile. You may want to PM them first, or your game offer may be deleted.

    D
    Thanks, I hadn't seen the New Game link. Are my opponents robots? they don't respond to me...
  4. Standard member MCA
    TokerSmurf
    07 Mar '07 12:29
    Originally posted by Dulce de leche
    Thanks, I hadn't seen the New Game link. Are my opponents robots? they don't respond to me...
    no opponents should be robots on this site but some user may not be logged on or may not wish to accept the invite.

    if you wish Ill play ya - send an invite if you wish to play

    MCA
  5. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No. 16
    07 Mar '07 13:16
    You can also use the 'open invites' page to either accept games from someone else or to create your own invitation.
  6. 07 Mar '07 14:05
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    You can also use the 'open invites' page to either accept games from someone else or to create your own invitation.
    Thanks, will do.
  7. 07 Mar '07 14:06
    Originally posted by MCA
    no opponents should be robots on this site but some user may not be logged on or may not wish to accept the invite.

    if you wish Ill play ya - send an invite if you wish to play

    MCA
    Thanks, I'll send you a game. What I meant was that I sent them messages over the board but they did not reply before playing their next move. :o(
  8. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No. 16
    07 Mar '07 14:29
    Originally posted by Dulce de leche
    Thanks, I'll send you a game. What I meant was that I sent them messages over the board but they did not reply before playing their next move. :o(
    I wouldn't worry about that too much.

    Some players prefer to not 'chat' very much during the game, while others will have an ongoing conversation with you. And others will be rude and obnoxious.....
  9. Standard member MCA
    TokerSmurf
    07 Mar '07 22:30 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Dulce de leche
    Thanks, I'll send you a game. What I meant was that I sent them messages over the board but they did not reply before playing their next move. :o(
    ah ok, sorry - gotcha now. yeah you might find that some users are too busy to reply; dont speak english or they might simply forget to type what want to say before they hit submit (i have done this in the past)...

    others are just ignorant