1. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    05 Apr '12 11:18
    I just got the same pm from the same user and have sent feed back.
    User 685810
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    05 Apr '12 11:27
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    I just got the same pm from the same user and have sent feed back.
    User 685810
    As far as I can ascertain, 'she' has made her way through the top 500 in the ratings list...poor old 'philomena' has certainly spread her wings overnight...
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    05 Apr '12 16:19
    The message limit for users was accidentally raised allowing this scammer to send hundreds of messages, which was really unhelpful. (Slaps own wrist for that one).

All deleted now, and the user banned.

I don't want to discuss this too much publically, as this is a cat and mouse game where it will eventually become too much effort for the spammer and they will move on to easier pastures.
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Apr '12 15:27
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    As far as I can ascertain, 'she' has made her way through the top 500 in the ratings list...
    That seems like a counter-intuitive choice. Maybe itReveal Hidden Content
    spammers don\'t deserve personal pronouns
    believes in the theory that anyone who is good at chess must necessarily be bad at human interaction and easy to scam. If so, it's forgotten that engines don't read PMs 😛.

Richard
  5. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 13:59
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    That seems like a counter-intuitive choice. Maybe it[hidden]spammers don\'t deserve personal pronouns[/hidden] believes in the theory that anyone who is good at chess must necessarily be bad at human interaction and easy to scam. If so, it's forgotten that engines don't read PMs 😛.

Richard
    Nice theory, and not without a degree of truth I'm sure lol..also, I sent a PM to some top 10 chap MONTHS AGO, the last time I could check it he still hadn't opened it 😉
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 16:21
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    That seems like a counter-intuitive choice. Maybe it[hidden]spammers don\'t deserve personal pronouns[/hidden] believes in the theory that anyone who is good at chess must necessarily be bad at human interaction and easy to scam. If so, it's forgotten that engines don't read PMs 😛.

Richard
    Ever heard about Eliza?
  7. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 10:41
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Ever heard about Eliza?
    I've written an Eliza. I fail to see how that is relevant to the human-led targeting of this scam.

Richard

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree