1. Joined
    02 Jun '11
    Moves
    25 Jun '11 00:24
    I have encountered a player in the "system" who is playing one or the other side of hundreds of games at the same time/plus ratings restrictions... can anyone enlighten me as to the purpose of this, besides building a putative rating?
  2. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    25 Jun '11 01:56
    Originally posted by chopstix
    I have encountered a player in the "system" who is playing one or the other side of hundreds of games at the same time/plus ratings restrictions... can anyone enlighten me as to the purpose of this, besides building a putative rating?
    Many people play hundreds of games simultaneously. Click on Player tables and sort by Moves this month.

Most of the top moves have 100+, 200+ or even 400 plus User 447274 ongoing.
  3. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    25 Jun '11 02:13
    Could be one of many reasons from being home-bound to just seeing if they can juggle that many games to joining too many tournaments at one time. I'm totally swamped at 60 games, but more power to them.

I think I remember one member playing something like 800 (was it 1000?) games and that started several threads in the GF. Playing that many games would tend to put your rating in the lower end of your natural rating range, imho, mainly because you don't have time to blunder check or plan as much for each individual game.
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    25 Jun '11 05:412 edits
    Remember indosmart? and that other guy whose name I've forgotten, something like atri or adri. I think the record is somewhere near 2000 active games. I doubt quality is involved at this game level.
  5. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    25 Jun '11 21:27
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Remember indosmart? and that other guy whose name I've forgotten, something like atri or adri. I think the record is somewhere near 2000 active games. I doubt quality is involved at this game level.
    it was atri, a very good player, very fast, hard working guy, just loved chess a lot. i really liked him a whole lot.

don't forget heng too! i think he got 3000 games going at one time

then there's our top mover right now who loads up on a ton of games too

i can't imagine doing anything like that
  6. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    26 Jun '11 06:141 edit
    As for me, I think I would prefer to stay below about 25 games in progress. I seem to lose a feel for the nuances of a game when I have too many simultaneous games, and with long move times.
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '11 17:09
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    indosmart was better than most on the site.
  8. Standard membermegamaster
    Xelenal of Epaland
    Epaladian Sea
    Moves
    27 Jun '11 16:23
    I have 160 games but I'm trying to get down
  9. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    27 Jun '11 23:11
    Originally posted by trev33
    indosmart was better than most on the site.
    Charles is a bright bloke...wicked sense of humour with it..

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree