1. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 08:43
    i've not really been moving in my games lately due to exams, holidays and just not being able to get to a computer. so yesterday i cleared my backlog of games-with-clocks-beside-them. then today i look and i see two games that i've lost. i look at them. one is a fair win. the other is a time out. except, it still says i've got 1.47 days left in my time bank...

i wouldn't mind too much, but the guy sent me move reminders every other day and one day claimed i was a genius at making games dull and boring by moving slowly...it was also a very even game. 🙁
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 09:11
    Originally posted by genius
    i've not really been moving in my games lately due to exams, holidays and just not being able to get to a computer. so yesterday i cleared my backlog of games-with-clocks-beside-them. then today i look and i see two games that i've lost. i look at them. one is a fair win. the other is a time out. except, it still says i've got 1.47 days left in my time bank.. ...[text shortened]... a genius at making games dull and boring by moving slowly...it was also a very even game. 🙁
    I say that it's within the rules to time anyone out. He won nthe game and it's totally fair. Same for anybody.

If you were about to win a game but lost it due to time out, then you really was not in control of the game. You deserved to lose. Time is an essential part of the game.

You knew what your time were for every game and you choosed to make other priorities, other things were more important than to care for your games. It's your responsibilities to check your times to avoid time outs.

Okay, you lost the game. Do you really want to blame your opponent?
  3. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 09:22
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I say that it's within the rules to time anyone out. He won nthe game and it's totally fair. Same for anybody.

If you were about to win a game but lost it due to time out, then you really was not in control of the game. You deserved to lose. Time is an essential part of the game.

You knew what your time were for every game and you choosed to make ot ...[text shortened]... es to avoid time outs.

Okay, you lost the game. Do you really want to blame your opponent?
    perhaps, but i did still have 1.47 days left in my timebank...
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 10:032 edits
    perhaps, but i did still have 1.47 days left in my timebank...
    No, you didn't, with all respect.
    This is a known bug in the system. When a timeout occurs the time info isn't valid anymore.

If a player see the skull, the time is out and he is able to click it. If the time is not out, the skull never appears.

I took the time to view your opponents mprofile. There I could read: "I always claim time-out wins when within tournament and in case there's no vacation flag and no notice about the date of return.". I have the same kind of text in my profile and I don't hesitate to win a game of time out. It shouldn't be a surprise for my opponents if they are timed out.
  5. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 15:25
    well, if it's a known bug why can't someone look into it?

and i had my vacation flag on...
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 15:34
    well, if it's a known bug why can't someone look into it?
    Because it's not important. You ran out of time, your opponent TO'd you, the timebank info assumed some random time after the event.

D
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 15:41
    and i had my vacation flag on...
    Some care, some don't.

I treat my vacation flag only as an information so they don't have to send me reminders.
  8. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 19:31

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 20:33
    i've not really been moving in my games lately due to exams, holidays and just not being able to get to a computer. so yesterday i cleared my backlog of games-with-clocks-beside-them. then today i look and i see two games that i've lost. i look at them. one is a fair win. the other is a time out. except, it still says i've got 1.47 days left in my time bank.. ...[text shortened]... a genius at making games dull and boring by moving slowly...it was also a very even game. 🙁
    I see the problem here. I read your profile. You are avow to be a Christian and he is a Heathen.

Score:

Christians 0 Heathens 1

Challenge him/her again. Try not to double their score.
  10. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 16:14
    Originally posted by Frank Burns
    I see the problem here. I read your profile. You are avow to be a Christian and he is a Heathen.

Score:

Christians 0 Heathens 1

Challenge him/her again. Try not to double their score.
    ...and here was me thinking it was just that time of the month...

thanks, ragnorak. that was the answer i was looking for 🙂
  11. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 17:37
    thanks, ragnorak. that was the answer i was looking for 🙂
    No problems. If you had any cop-on, you'd realise that you had already gotten the info I gave you, in the 4th post in this thread.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree