Images

Standard memberjujifruit1742
Help 28 Jul '10 23:03
  1. Joined
    19 Dec '09
    Moves
    28 Jul '10 23:03
    When I try to upload a picture into the "My Images" section, I get two error messages "An unknown error occurred - please try another smaller image." and "T:F:E"

It's in a jpg format, under 75KB, but it doesn't work. It says that "URLs to images will not work", does that refer to images gotten off the internet? Mine is in a jpg format so I don't see why it'll matter.

Any help... even if it's a "You're stupid do this!" message, I'll be happy.
  2. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    28 Jul '10 23:20
    Originally posted by jujifruit1742
    When I try to upload a picture into the "My Images" section, I get two error messages "An unknown error occurred - please try another smaller image." and "T:F:E"

It's in a jpg format, under 75KB, but it doesn't work. It says that "URLs to images will not work", does that refer to images gotten off the internet? Mine is in a jpg format so I don't see ...[text shortened]...

Any help... even if it's a "You're stupid do this!" message, I'll be happy.
    If it is your avatar then needs to be 32Kb or less
  3. Joined
    19 Dec '09
    Moves
    29 Jul '10 04:44
    oh i tried making the image sooooo small that it was 4 KB... It doesn't work for either.
  4. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    29 Jul '10 06:25
    It says that "URLs to images will not work", does that refer to images gotten off the internet? Mine is in a jpg format so I don't see why it'll matter.
    No, it just means you have to upload the image from your computer.

Have you got a link to the image? It would be a lot easier for people to work out what's wrong with it if they could see it.
  5. Joined
    19 Dec '09
    Moves
    30 Jul '10 01:26
    well... I tried more than one image so I assumed it was my computer. Here they are

http://www.musicschoolcalgary.com/images/piano2.jpg
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/picture%20violin%20piano/md_rs/jg-violin-piano.jpg
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    30 Jul '10 06:391 edit
    We assume that you've right-clicked on the image and done a "save as" to your computer. If you have done that, then when you attempt to upload that saved image what happens?

Check my profile, I did just that with the first of your two images but it's been severely cropped because of the shape of the image. The second one would work better, or you could use graphics software on your computer to rotate the first image before uploading it.
  7. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    30 Jul '10 13:13
    well... I tried more than one image so I assumed it was my computer. Here they are

http://www.musicschoolcalgary.com/images/piano2.jpg
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/picture%20violin%20piano/md_rs/jg-violin-piano.jpg
    Are you trying to plug these exact URL links shown in your post into the "image location" box under "My Images"? If that is what you are doing it WILL NOT WORK that way. You cannot link the RHP server to another server or site directly to get your image transferred.

You first must save the image by downloading or saving it from those sites onto your computer. Then you must edit that image so it meets the specified dimensions and size indicated.

Once you have adjusted the image, then put the file location ON YOUR COMPUTER for the image file into the "image location" box and upload it from your computer to the RHP server.

At least this is how I think it works! I hope this information is accurate and was of help.
    Marc
  8. Joined
    19 Dec '09
    Moves
    31 Jul '10 18:29
    ok, what I was doing was dragging the picture from the website to my desktop. I tried right-click "save as" and it worked. I have no idea why that was necessary but it works anyway. Thanks!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree