1. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 05:44
    It all started about a month and a half ago. I couldn't load certain important pages. I just figured I'd done something wrong. I had to use an alternate browser to get to certain pages.

Now, Chrome is working fine but my IE8 is completely dead. Did I do something wrong? Is anyone else experiencing this? It seems really weird to me.
  2. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 08:29
    IE does some weird stuff. Our previous home PC was shared by four users. IE suddenly stopped working for two of us but not the other two. We never found out why. I wouldn't think your problem is as a result of anything you've done.
  3. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 11:24
    i think i took care of it myself. i browsed in Google Chrome for "Internet Explorer Problems" and it prompted me to check for necessary downloads. I apparently needed a necessary Service Pack 1. I thought I got all the usual service packs automatically, so i have no idea what might have happened. I don't think that I have a virus because everything is working pretty good right now.
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 12:53
    move to firefox, ie is terrible... or stick with chrome, anything other than ie.
  5. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 13:56
    Or stick with IE. A lot of people use it as a positive choice, not simply because they don't know any different. Whatever you do, there'll always be somebody who'll tell you you're wrong.
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 14:07
    Originally posted by C J Horse
    Or stick with IE. A lot of people use it as a positive choice, not simply because they don't know any different. Whatever you do, there'll always be somebody who'll tell you you're wrong.
    No, I think you're wrong about that! 😀
  7. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 15:41
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    No, I think you're wrong about that! 😀
    Very good.
  8. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 03:29
    I use IE and it works fine. No problems.

(I hope I don't regret saying that.)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree