Invitation

Standard memberAustinL
Help 05 Feb '11 21:25
  1. Joined
    15 Apr '04
    Moves
    05 Feb '11 21:25
    Hi,

I had a email from the site inviting me to play with someone I (according to the email) know - all the links took me to the registration page, however I already have an account here and don't want to register a second. The username of the person who invited me was on the email, but I didn't recognise it as belonging to someone I knew, and I can't find this username in the player list...

1. How can I find out who sent this invitation, and how can I figure out who he/she is in real life?

2. How can I join the game he/she set up for me using this account?

Thanks!
  2. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 01:161 edit
    If you only have one email address, try logging out and then logging in again using that email address, then check to see if the game's appeared in MyGames. If that doesn't work, give us that username and someone may be able to help.
  3. Joined
    15 Apr '04
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 01:271 edit
    The email address the invitation was sent to is different to the email address I'm currently registered with. The username of the person sending the invitation is arla - I can't find this name on the site.

Thanks
  4. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 01:311 edit
    User 628776 has only just joined the site, and hasn't put up any information.
  5. Joined
    15 Apr '04
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 01:46
    OK, thanks Kewpie,

I guess if he really does know me, he'll be in touch again.
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 12:55
    If you want to communicate with another member, you don't have to use email at all. Just click on their username and send them a private message.
  7. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 17:58
    Originally posted by AustinL
    Hi,

I had a email from the site inviting me to play with someone I (according to the email) know - all the links took me to the registration page, however I already have an account here and don't want to register a second. The username of the person who invited me was on the email, but I didn't recognise it as belonging to someone I knew, and I can't fin ...[text shortened]... real life?

2. How can I join the game he/she set up for me using this account?

Thanks!
    The person in question must know your email address, know you play chess and has sent you a game invite using your email address.

What then happens if you get the invitation you did, however as the email address used is not a registered email address for the site, you are invited to sign up to the site in order for the game to progress

http://www.redhotpawn.com/core/newgame.php

As you are already a member you will not want to set up a 2nd Id but as you know the users ID you can send them a PM telling them they send you a game under " email address they send the game too" and ask who they are.

If you are happy with the explanation send them a game invite using your main ID on here, if unhappy then add them to your ignore list and move on.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree