1. Standard memberBlackhawk214
    Moves
    29 Dec '05 05:49
    Can a subscriber to rhp create a tournament????? =)
  2. Joined
    18 Mar '05
    Moves
    29 Dec '05 07:52
    Originally posted by Blackhawk214
    Can a subscriber to rhp create a tournament????? =)
    No. The only people who can create tournaments are Russ and Chris. If you want to clarify any further, send feedback.
  3. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    29 Dec '05 15:52
    Originally posted by ericwong
    No. The only people who can create tournaments are Russ and Chris.
    That's just wong.
  4. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    29 Dec '05 17:24
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    That's just wong.
    All,

I was just about to ask this question. I'm currently subscribing to a competitor of RHP and am considering leaving for various reasons. One of my biggest gripes with the other site was lack of time banks, slow responses to feature requests, and a just plain out-of-date GUI. So far I LOVE what I've seen on RHP and am considering joining.

However... user-created tournaments is something I'm not sure I can live without. This was something I've had on the last 2 correspondance sites I used (the first closed down years ago). Is it a feature that SysOps would considering adding or would it be too much work?

Thanks in advance for the answer and a great website!

chewybaka
  5. Joined
    18 Mar '05
    Moves
    30 Dec '05 03:32
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    That's just wong.
    ????
  6. Standard memberSaint Nick
    Pimp of the elves
    San Diego, CA
    Moves
    30 Dec '05 18:58
    I think the admins creating the tournies works great here. Namely, we have very high quality tournies (not just everyone and their brother creating any tourney they feel like). If you have a good idea for a tourney, the admins do take it into consideration and frequently create tournies at player's requests.

Although you can't personally create a tourney, you'll be surprised how involved the site admins are and how quick they will be to take your tourney ideas into consideration.

Hope you consider becoming a member.
  7. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 16:15
    Originally posted by Saint Nick
    I think the admins creating the tournies works great here. Namely, we have very high quality tournies (not just everyone and their brother creating any tourney they feel like). If you have a good idea for a tourney, the admins do take it into consideration and frequently create tournies at player's requests.

Although you can't personally create a tourn ...[text shortened]... ill be to take your tourney ideas into consideration.

Hope you consider becoming a member.
    Thanks for the consideration. It's often tough to get your ideas heard on such a large site. Just to give you an idea of my experiences with user-created tournies.

- The tournaments are still very high quality.
    - Users have a much greater selection of tournaments to join.
    - There are always one or more tournies starting every day.
    - The tournies don't have to be huge (4 or 8 people is all you need)
    - Users can create theme-based tounements (i.e., Evans Gambit) where everyone starts with the same fixed positions.

Like I said, much of this site has me sold already I may even consider subscribing to RHP (even without the user-created tournies) for a year and keep my "other" subscription just to see what happens.

Thanks and, hopefully, I can get an admins take on this.

chewybaka
  8. Standard memberprotoss350
    AbOvE AvErAgE
    Nottelling
    Moves
    16 Jan '06 01:12
    Hey there,
    I hope you subscribe one day, chewybaka! Lol
    Protoss
  9. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    16 Jan '06 05:37
    Originally posted by chewybaka
    Thanks for the consideration. It's often tough to get your ideas heard on such a large site. Just to give you an idea of my experiences with user-created tournies.

- The tournaments are still very high quality.
    - Users have a much greater selection of tournaments to join.
    - There are always one or more tournies starting every day.
    - The to ...[text shortened]... see what happens.

Thanks and, hopefully, I can get an admins take on this.

chewybaka
    A key part, at least to me, of your statement is that you believe that 4 to 8 people make a good tourney. I'd hate to play in tournaments that small. Here tournaments have between 32 and 64 people as standard and some are much larger (400+). There are smaller tournaments here and there (high level bands, clan or country tourneys). Larger tournaments, I believe are more fun to take part in and create greater interest in the site. It's also a great achievement to win one and have it displayed on your profile.

As Saint Nick said, the admin are very responsive to tournament requests. Ravello recently got a Sicilian Dragon themed tournament started by asking the site admin. Others have had tournaments set up for their particular clan (Tournament 988 for example).

To be honest RHP doesn't want or need user setup tourneys.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree