1. Joined
    09 Apr '08
    Moves
    11 Nov '08 17:50
    hi.
    I'm playing amarabygg rating 1545 for the second time,the first game i could not believe his high standard of play-i lost,the second game was same very high rating play,i asked him how he was playing so strong with such a low rating he replied he has his son to help him.Is this cheating?
    cheers Les...
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    11 Nov '08 17:541 edit
    Originally posted by tundish
    hi.
    I'm playing amarabygg rating 1545 for the second time,the first game i could not believe his high standard of play-i lost,the second game was same very high rating play,i asked him how he was playing so strong with such a low rating he replied he has his son to help him.Is this cheating?
    cheers Les...
    From the Terms of Service (TOS)

3. YOUR REGISTRATION OBLIGATIONS
    In consideration of your use of the Service, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction. You also agree to :

(a) You will not create more than one account.

(b) While a game is in progress you may not refer to chess engines, chess computers or be assisted by a third party. Endgame tablebases may not be consulted during play but you may reference books, databases consisting of previously played games between human players, and other pre-existing research materials.

-----------------------------------------------------

Getting help from anyone is a 'third party'.

P-
  3. Joined
    09 Apr '08
    Moves
    11 Nov '08 18:08
    Thanks i think i'll avoid playing this person in future.
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    11 Nov '08 18:24
    Originally posted by tundish
    Thanks i think i'll avoid playing this person in future.
    Go to My Home / My Ignore List and add the name. They will not be able to make games with you or take your open invites.

Did they tell you they were getting help in game, or through a PM? You may consider using Site Feedback since it's not fair to ANYONE and not everyone will see this thread.

P-
  5. Joined
    09 Apr '08
    Moves
    11 Nov '08 20:16

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    11 Nov '08 20:20
    You may also PM your previous opponent and explain that it is against the rules. Maybe he does not realise that he violates the TOS (after all you were not sure yourself), and will stop doing it in the future. Just a thought.

Adje
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    11 Nov '08 20:27
    Originally posted by adje
    You may also PM your previous opponent and explain that it is against the rules. Maybe he does not realise that he violates the TOS (after all you were not sure yourself), and will stop doing it in the future. Just a thought.

Adje
    Not a bad idea.

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree