1. Blighty
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 12:32
    Game ID : 9285342

Hi,

There is at least one game on one of the ladders where both players have seemingly left the site - one move played and no other moves for either player for a long time. Is there any automatic timeout feature for Ladder games? Or can both players be removed from the ladder?

Thanks
    S[gid]9285342 [/gid]
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 15:07
    Originally posted by Surtism
    Game ID : 9285342

Hi,

There is at least one game on one of the ladders where both players have seemingly left the site - one move played and no other moves for either player for a long time. Is there any automatic timeout feature for Ladder games? Or can both players be removed from the ladder?

Thanks
    S[gid]9285342 [/gid]
    I'm not sure why your game link doesn't work as it looks fine but then I realised you'd left a space between the number and the closed bracket...here it is corrected: Game 9285342

The ladder issue is a 'send feedback' matter...at the bottom of every page under 'support'...ask them to 'vacate' the ladder for you.
  3. Blighty
    Moves
    10 Sep '12 06:02
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    I'm not sure why your game link doesn't work as it looks fine but then I realised you'd left a space between the number and the closed bracket...here it is corrected: Game 9285342

The ladder issue is a 'send feedback' matter...at the bottom of every page under 'support'...ask them to 'vacate' the ladder for you.
    Just wondering how long it normally takes for feedback to be responded to? I sent some after your very good suggestion but have heard nothing since.
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    10 Sep '12 13:04
    Just wondering how long it normally takes for feedback to be responded to? I sent some after your very good suggestion but have heard nothing since.
    I should try again.Feedback is normally answered in about a week.
    Both the players are shown as "leaving ladder" so they may disappear eventually I suppose.
  5. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    11 Sep '12 00:05

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    11 Sep '12 00:10
    Crikey, this is an apt post.. minutes after posting myself about 'similar' feedback time issues;
    MonthS ago I started to question why a certain tournament was awarded incorrectly..but I only formally sent feedback a month ago, I backed that with a thread on 'tournaments' forum a week later and 'reiterated' the issue minutes ago ...the crux, of late, it takes ages and ages...SOMETIMES !
    and, SOMETIMES, you just have to politely press home the importance of why you sent that feedback in the first place 😉
  7. Blighty
    Moves
    11 Sep '12 11:51
    Originally posted by venda
    I should try again.Feedback is normally answered in about a week.
    Both the players are shown as "leaving ladder" so they may disappear eventually I suppose.
    I've noticed this, which is great and Russ Emailed to say that it had been awarded as a draw for both players - which is superb.

Unfortunately a second point comes to mind now, both these 'leaving the ladder' players had challenged people before they left the site and now there are two challenges that will never end against still active players (and who can blame them not to take the skull - they'll never be challenged again), so I'm still in a difficult position as the two, leaving the ladder players take out two of my potential challenge spots.

I'm now playing a game against someone so outside my quality that for them it'll be lilke swatting a fly and for me it'll be a game to try some unusual moves in. I don't mind a challenge and I've had occassional good games against 1700 - 1800 players, but I have no illusions, I will never be a top player.

Sorry I digress, my point is, can we please have an automatic timeout in Ladder matches so that these blockages are removed more quickly.

Thanks
  8. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    11 Sep '12 20:54

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    11 Sep '12 20:56
    I've noticed this, which is great and Russ Emailed to say that it had been awarded as a draw for both players - which is superb.

Unfortunately a second point comes to mind now, both these 'leaving the ladder' players had challenged people before they left the site and now there are two challenges that will never end against still active players (and who c ...[text shortened]... timeout in Ladder matches so that these blockages are removed more quickly.

Thanks
    Well done, glad it's all fallen into place for you now !

On your point of digression however; I was trying to find the game you fear will be like 'swatting a fly' for your opponent..alas I cannot find it, but post the link here and we'll send you some 'good luck vibes' lol...seriously though, don't ever write a game off based merely upon rate differences. Maybe and perhaps we've all made that error of judgement though, but I've certainly been guilty of such carelessness because I felt some small natural advantage would 'see me through'...needless to say it didn't and I paid the price 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree