Large Print

Standard memberMissOleum
Help 15 Sep '07 12:47
  1. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 Sep '07 12:47
    In a comfortable sitting position at my computer, RHP text is too small to read easily, even wearing my glasses. I have set my IE screen to 115% to deal with this.

Most things appear correctly at this resolution, however the icons such as stars, page indicators for previous < and next > , and the small icons for Game Log and Urgent Games appear in the wrong positions, making some things quite difficult to do. For example, the previous < symbol appears instead of the number 2 in the series.

Are others affected by this or am I the only one whose eyesight needs assistance?
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '07 12:57
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    Are others affected by this or am I the only one whose eyesight needs assistance?
    I suffer from chess blindness. No magnification can remedy this.
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    15 Sep '07 13:42
    In a comfortable sitting position at my computer, RHP text is too small to read easily, even wearing my glasses. I have set my IE screen to 115% to deal with this.

Most things appear correctly at this resolution, however the icons such as stars, page indicators for previous < and next > , and the small icons for Game Log and Urgent Games appear in the ...[text shortened]... the series.

What resolution do you use for your computer? Ever consider going down a setting or 2?

I keep mine around 1200x because my eyes are sweet.

Also try Start / Programs / Accessories / Accessibility / Magnifier... not sure it's of any use, but it is what it is.

P-
  4. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 Sep '07 14:301 edit
    I'm set on 1024 x 768 which is fine for most things, but I need 800 x 600 to get a reasonable size on RHP, then nothing fits on the screen and I can't read the whole line even with the inbox concealed. The magnifier is useful for, say, looking at the detail on an avatar, but not for whole screen use. I've done a fair bit of experimenting with resolutions, colours, boards, typefaces, but anything that enlarges the text satisfactorily fails in some other regard. I've even tried the mobile phone version of RHP and now I'm out of ideas for things to try.

I guess the solution is a MUCH bigger screen - and in this country they're not cheap. πŸ™
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '07 16:081 edit
    It's these obsolete forums - they need sorting, maybe in a few years they might get upgraded to a decent system like vbulletin or summat......there again maybe not. πŸ™

It's not a "priority". 😞

I'm just getting used to them now. For the first year or so they were unreadable to me.
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    16 Sep '07 14:51
    I use firefox with a laptop. When I get to the forum I have to go to 'view' and increase the text size a couple of times. Then most things are easier to read.

Too bad there isn't some way to lock this setting in so it isn't necessary to do it each time I log on. (Maybe there is, with greasemonkey or something)
  7. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateβ„’
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    16 Sep '07 22:132 edits

Most things appear correctly at this resolution, however the icons such as stars, page indicators for previous < and next > , and the small icons for Game Log and Urgent Games appear in the ...[text shortened]... the series.

In IE, under the "View" tab there should be an option to change the Text Size which doesn't involve zooming the screen.

EDIT: D'oh! Didn't read mwmiller's post
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    16 Sep '07 22:371 edit
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    I use firefox with a laptop. When I get to the forum I have to go to 'view' and increase the text size a couple of times. Then most things are easier to read.

Too bad there isn't some way to lock this setting in so it isn't necessary to do it each time I log on. (Maybe there is, with greasemonkey or something)
    There are a couple of quick ways to do this...
    CTRL + + increases the size of the text, CTRL + - does the opposite.

Also, holding CTRL and using your mousewheel increases/decreases text size.

D
  9. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    16 Sep '07 23:201 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    There are a couple of quick ways to do this...
    CTRL + + increases the size of the text, CTRL + - does the opposite.

Also, holding CTRL and using your mousewheel increases/decreases text size.

D
    or simply get some glasses 😲

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree