Leagues

Standard memberKingDavid403
Help 13 Jan '09 20:21
  1. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    13 Jan '09 20:21
    Can anyone give me a brief description or give me a link on how the clan leagues work. How man games etc?? I've never had our clan in the leagues and I don't know much on how they work. We have a team that wants to join so any help would be great. Thanks. 🙂
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    13 Jan '09 22:27
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    Can anyone give me a brief description or give me a link on how the clan leagues work. How man games etc?? I've never had our clan in the leagues and I don't know much on how they work. We have a team that wants to join so any help would be great. Thanks. 🙂
    http://www.timeforchess.com/clanleague/index.php

That brings you to the 1 day leagues. Next click around in there until someone gives you a better answer than I did. Perhaps you'll figure out what is going on by the info on that page.

P-
  3. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    13 Jan '09 23:02
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    The leagues work something like this -

First off you need a clan that has (at least) six players with that clan as their 'league clan' selected (a given player can only select one of their clans for league play).
    The clan leader selects a team of six players players - no more - no less. Once the team is selected and entered for a given league, the players can change their league settings - so in theory a single player can play in more than one league.

Each player in the team will be assigned a 'board' at the start of the league depending on their rating (I'm not sure if this position is given when team is entered or when games are created). Top slot (rating wise) gets board one, next in line gets board two etc.
    When the league starts, each of the team plays against each of the other clans members with the same board. Make sense? (all the top slots play each other, all position twos play each other etc. etc.)

There are ten teams in each division, so you have to play the other nine players with the same board.
    This makes for eighteen games (one as black, one as white for each of the other nine clans 'boards'😉. The games all start together.

If you've never fielded a team in a given league (or have left for a season), then you'll be in one of the lower divisions (I think they fill up in a first come first served basis, from the top down). The last division in a league may not have a full ten teams - so there will be less than the full eighteen games for each player.
  4. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 01:27
    Originally posted by orangutan
    The leagues work something like this -

First off you need a clan that has (at least) six players with that clan as their 'league clan' selected (a given player can only select one of their clans for league play).
    The clan leader selects a team of six players players - no more - no less. Once the team is selected and entered for a given league, the p ...[text shortened]... a full ten teams - so there will be less than the full eighteen games for each player.
    Thanks so much to you both. I couldn't find anything anywhere that explained the leagues. Either I'm just missing it somewhere or they need to put a link in that explains how the leagues work. Thanks again. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree