1. Joined
    02 Dec '12
    Moves
    05 Nov '13 15:28
    My message log will not let me review past messages last couple days.. Don't know if this a site problem or my computer?
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    05 Nov '13 17:181 edit
    Originally posted by Coffehouse
    My message log will not let me review past messages last couple days.. Don't know if this a site problem or my computer?
    Probably your system, it's working for me..

This machine: PC, Win7, IE10
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    05 Nov '13 21:55
    Mine's working too (firefox). Any chance you have a popup blocker on?
  4. Joined
    02 Dec '12
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 00:32
    Im using IE8, home xp.. supposedly this is the best browser for my OS. As far as I know there's no pop-up blocks on.. usually I will get a message to turn off.

I also messaged one of my current opponents.. and he is also having the same problem... we're both in EST time.
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 01:281 edit
    I seem to remember a problem with the old IE versions, regarding the zoom function. If you were on anything other than 100% things didn't work properly.

What actually happens when you click on the Message Log tab?
  6. Joined
    02 Dec '12
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 02:222 edits
    Well it's not the zoom function 100% all the time.. the 'message log' window appears on and then seems as though it's going to load with a bar and 1/8" slanted horizontal lines flowing thru it, but it never does.

I've updated my browser a while back, but had problems with IE9. I've searched for the best browser with WinXP and it's IE8. Strange, I did not have this problem before the RHP upgrade.
  7. Joined
    02 Dec '12
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 02:341 edit
    Update: I just checked other older games where I know I had messages logged and it works in those... so Im not sure what's going on with one of my current games. Oddly like I said before, he's having the same problem.

-Maybe it might have something to do with our particular connection. Also the Game Log doesn't work.
  8. Joined
    16 Dec '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 19:18
    I wonder if there may be an overall size limit which may have appeared with the latest site update. I'm having the same issue with one opponent. But we write long messages (only a little about chess) each move.
  9. Joined
    02 Dec '12
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 19:38
    I suppose that's possible (maximum text limit/message), but i never seen or read anything about it. We've (current game) had some long messages, but i've had other extensive messaging logs with no problems in the past.

-RHP upgrade issues concerning text limits in msg logs , not sure.. it's also happening with the 'game log' as well.

-Maybe Admin could respond in the matter 🙂
  10. France, near Saumur
    Moves
    11 Nov '13 14:53
    The last message on this topic was 6 Nov at 20.38. Was the issue resolved? It doesn't state one way or the other. I am having the same problem now and one of my opponents is as well.🙂
  11. Joined
    02 Dec '12
    Moves
    12 Nov '13 05:48
    Originally posted by Francopawn
    The last message on this topic was 6 Nov at 20.38. Was the issue resolved? It doesn't state one way or the other. I am having the same problem now and one of my opponents is as well.🙂
    It must be an ongoing problem... I've seen another thread on page 2 concerning the message log and obviously the issue has not been resolved. Almost all of the time it seems to be working.. maybe it's a browser issue, but i'm not sure. Which browser do you use?
  12. Joined
    02 Dec '12
    Moves
    12 Nov '13 14:511 edit
    I downloaded Firefox so I could play blitz (my old IE8 doesn't work on blitz) and apparently 'message log' has nothing to do with browser functionality.

... so I guess it's back to square one concerning this issue!
  13. France, near Saumur
    Moves
    12 Nov '13 21:59
    Originally posted by Coffehouse
    It must be an ongoing problem... I've seen another thread on page 2 concerning the message log and obviously the issue has not been resolved. Almost all of the time it seems to be working.. maybe it's a browser issue, but i'm not sure. Which browser do you use?
    I use Google Chrome. It has always worked in the past. It is still not working today either. It has nothing to do how old the message is, it just doesn't work at all.
  14. France, near Saumur
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 13:25
    I use Google Chrome. It has always worked in the past. It is still not working today either. It has nothing to do how old the message is, it just doesn't work at all.
    Correction to the above and apologies for not having checked this out before. The message log works on some games but not on others. I have moved a lot of games to the archive files in case there was a conflict there but still the same result.😕
  15. France, near Saumur
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 13:31
    Correction to the above and apologies for not having checked this out before. The message log works on some games but not on others. I have moved a lot of games to the archive files in case there was a conflict there but still the same result.😕
    Also, if the message log doesn't work, the game log doesn't work either.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree