1. Joined
    18 Aug '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '09 06:51
    Is there a way to turn off all PM's and in game messages from everyone? My daughter would like to play on here and I didn't want her subjected to some of the crazies πŸ™‚
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '09 07:38
    Originally posted by lepomis
    Is there a way to turn off all PM's and in game messages from everyone? My daughter would like to play on here and I didn't want her subjected to some of the crazies πŸ™‚
    No there is no global ignore list.

The world is crazy. We read in the paper about crazy people everyday. We cannot protect our daughters from them, they should find out that there are crazy people everywhere, and be taught how to handle them. If not, then she very well easily be in danger facing the real world. You cannot protect her forever.

I think RHP is rather clean area from crazy people. Whenever you see one, then ignore him/her, and let her enjoy all us other.

I use a neutral name. People know me of what I say and behave. Nowan can ever tell if I'm a man or a woman, black or white, christian or voodoo, or (most important) nice or bad) unless I don't show it in my postings and mails, and messages. Give her a neutral name and help her from there.

If you see anyone harassing her, don't hesitate to report him/her to the RHP staff, i.e. send feedback about it, and we get rid of him/her once and for all.
  3. Joined
    18 Aug '06
    Moves
    03 Mar '09 00:40
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    No there is no global ignore list.

The world is crazy. We read in the paper about crazy people everyday. We cannot protect our daughters from them, they should find out that there are crazy people everywhere, and be taught how to handle them. If not, then she very well easily be in danger facing the real world. You cannot protect her forever.

I thin ...[text shortened]... er to the RHP staff, i.e. send feedback about it, and we get rid of him/her once and for all.
    All that is very true, but I see that she is 7yrs too young to be on this site... if I follow the rules πŸ™‚
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '09 06:40
    All that is very true, but I see that she is 7yrs too young to be on this site... if I follow the rules πŸ™‚
    7 years too young? Does this mean 12 years of age?

There are nasty people lurking in the RHP (as in the real world). She has to show a low profile in order not to attract the bad guys. One thing is to forbid (as her father/mother) her to message anyone. No mail, no in-game messages, no ontact, no nothing, exept playing games. To chose a very neutral name, not names like 'Liza12', not even 'happyflower'. She is what she shows. But you cannot tell anything about her by her moves. So stick with this.

You as a parent should monitor her, but let her play for her own. You have her signon and her password.

It's against the rules - but noone cares. Just give her strict orders not to answer any mails or any in-game messes, and noone will care.
  5. Joined
    18 Aug '06
    Moves
    03 Mar '09 07:07
    7 years too young? Does this mean 12 years of age?

There are nasty people lurking in the RHP (as in the real world). She has to show a low profile in order not to attract the bad guys. One thing is to forbid (as her father/mother) her to message anyone. No mail, no in-game messages, no ontact, no nothing, exept playing games. To chose a very neutral na ...[text shortened]... give her strict orders not to answer any mails or any in-game messes, and noone will care.
    No, she is 6. I found on chess.com that I can turn off everything, so I set her up on there. She can read and type on her own, but I set up the games for her and login for her. If she was 12, I wouldn't be so uptight about itπŸ™‚
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '09 08:16
    No, she is 6. I found on chess.com that I can turn off everything, so I set her up on there. She can read and type on her own, but I set up the games for her and login for her. If she was 12, I wouldn't be so uptight about itπŸ™‚
    Oh, six yeras of age...? That's early. A new Polgar to come...?
    Well, I wish her every luck. She has a great father!

Btw, what is the age limit on this site?
  7. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '09 10:02
    Oh, six yeras of age...? That's early. A new Polgar to come...?
    Well, I wish her every luck. She has a great father!

Btw, what is the age limit on this site?
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    03 Mar '09 18:00
    You should find a site like http://www.chesskids.com/ to help teach.

Your kid can play here:
    http://kids.yahoo.com/games

RHP is 13+ site, and regardless you don't need to subject your kid to other people online even if you could shut off all text coming in. I'm sure Yahoo has done a good job of it, if not that's your decision to make.

P-
  9. Joined
    18 Aug '06
    Moves
    04 Mar '09 15:42
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    You should find a site like http://www.chesskids.com/ to help teach.

Your kid can play here:
    http://kids.yahoo.com/games

RHP is 13+ site, and regardless you don't need to subject your kid to other people online even if you could shut off all text coming in. I'm sure Yahoo has done a good job of it, if not that's your decision to make.

P-
    She likes alot of the stuff on chesskids. I did not think about yahoo, but I will check it out. Thanks.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree