1. In the soup
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 02:18
    If I send a message to my opponent when I resign the game, will he/she receive it if I just click on the "resign" button; or do I have to make a move and submit it in order for the message to be sent. I ask because the instructions say that your opponent will receive the message when he/she makes the next move. But if I resign there is no next move for my opponent. Does this question make any sense to anyone? Or am I living up to my username.
  2. Standard memberIgloo
    Fishing
    In the icebucket
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 06:32
    Your opponent will receive the message. He/she/it can see the message either when they view the game or under "recent messages" in "My Home".

Or if you want to, you can send a message to them by clicking on their profile link and clicking "send message". That message can be viewed without loading the board.

Welcome to the site, by the way.
  3. In the soup
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 07:31
    Thanks, Igloo, for clearing that up. Long ago in a galaxy far away, I used to play correspondence chess by "snail mail". This is much better.
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 07:481 edit
    If someone sends a message on the last move, whether a resign or a checkmate, the site helpfully lets the recipient know that there was a message and to check the game screen or their home page.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree