1. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Jan '11 22:43
    Hello,
    Is there a way to send a player that is online on RHP a direct message rather than sending a message that he may not actually realize he has presently? I can't count on him seeing that he has a message even though he is currently online. You know, the green dot shows he was online.

Kop
  2. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    16 Jan '11 23:26
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Hello,
    Is there a way to send a player that is online on RHP a direct message rather than sending a message that he may not actually realize he has presently? I can't count on him seeing that he has a message even though he is currently online. You know, the green dot shows he was online.

Kop
    Some points worth knowing about messaging here -

If you send someone here a private message (PM), they'll have it in their "My Messages" area immediately. There is no more direct way of messaging someone here unless you have some outside method of communications (email, phone etc.).

The green dot only shows when a player has moved in the last ten minutes. Users can turn this feature off so that a green dot never shows against them, also users can move then immediately go and do something else - the green dot may show when a user is no longer here.

If you want to know if a message you've sent has been looked at, then check your sent messages (My Home -> My Messages -> My Sent Messages). Un-read messages show in bold. If it's been read, it's there but un-highlighted. If it's been deleted (read or otherwise) then it's gone. Messages are auto-deleted after a set amount of time (I think it's 30 days).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree