1. London
    Moves
    20 Nov '05 18:17
    Originally posted by King of Chess1903
    yes i know that one worked fine - Pawn C5 to C6!
    whatever you say i made my move but it didn't work. Then Threedays had their move without my pawn moving into the next square.
    It also happened with my Rook a couple of turns ago.
    On which move number?!?!
  2. Joined
    16 Nov '05
    Moves
    20 Nov '05 18:26
    On move 39 i moved my Rook from D6 to B6 but the computer has me down as making my other Rook move from B1 to A1 and I can assure you that i did not make that move.

Also on move 41 i moved my pawn from C5 to C6 but again the computer has me down as making my other pawn move B3 to B4.
    But listen - don't worry about it it's just a pain in the backside and i am 100% convinced that i did not move those other pieces.
  3. London
    Moves
    20 Nov '05 18:43
    On move 39 i moved my Rook from D6 to B6 but the computer has me down as making my other Rook move from B1 to A1 and I can assure you that i did not make that move.

Also on move 41 i moved my pawn from C5 to C6 but again the computer has me down as making my other pawn move B3 to B4.
    But listen - don't worry about it it's just a pain in the backside and i am 100% convinced that i did not move those other pieces.
    Of course you didn't. The website just moved a different piece because it felt like it; just to annoy you 🙄
  4. Joined
    16 Nov '05
    Moves
    20 Nov '05 18:48
    fine whatever - do what you like
    a lot of help you were!
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    20 Nov '05 19:02
    Well this IS the bogus help thread isn't it?.
  6. The sky
    Moves
    20 Nov '05 19:08

Now that's a completely different story! Until this post, you have been saying that you couldn't make a move, and then black moved again. Now you say you couldn't make the move you wanted, but the program made a different move instead. As long as the move the program made was legal, we don't have any way to confirm this, but someone else posted a messed-up game recently, so maybe something like that is happening to you as well. I suggest you send feedback to Russ. He is already looking into that other game.
  7. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 01:57
    if this is really happening like you say... first.. change your account password .. possibly someone is logging in as you and making moves.. then go from there and see if it happens again.
  8. Joined
    16 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 07:17
    thanks mio dude at last someone is giving me decent advice and for once someone is believing me!
  9. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 12:341 edit
    thanks mio dude at last someone is giving me decent advice and for once someone is believing me!
    I believe you.....millions wouldn't but I do.😉
  10. Joined
    16 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 17:56
    you'll never believe this - right my game with vkvasudevan. move 10 i moved my queen to D5 and it only moved 1 square. then on vkvasudevan he moved it back again and then took my queen see for yourself what the hell is up with this thing!! Don't give me excuses i want answers! i should win the game by default!!
  11. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 19:03
    you'll never believe this - right my game with vkvasudevan. move 10 i moved my queen to D5 and it only moved 1 square. then on vkvasudevan he moved it back again and then took my queen see for yourself what the hell is up with this thing!! Don't give me excuses i want answers! i should win the game by default!!
    I don't.

This is the position before your claimed move error/conspiracy.

You claim you moved the queen to d5. Where it would be taken by the e pawn. Instead, apparently, your opponent moved your queen to a5 via some method we don't know about. And then took it with the bishop.

It's a little hard to believe. Especially when this kind of thing keeps happening to you and only you.
  12. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 19:401 edit
    If you would have moved your queen to D5, you would have lost it to a pawn anyways...
    did you change your password? Also.. you can email yourself with the game and time stamps to see when the move..

EDIT: oops.. Xanthos just said that.. about the pawn.. hehe.. I have to stop skimming and actually read more carefully.
  13. Joined
    16 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 19:49
    no i made a mistake with the queen move. In my haste to complain to you guys i messed up my math.
    i moved the queen to G5 and then on the game it showed that i moved it to A5. I know it's hard to believe but please trust me i did happen. I have changed my password.
  14. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 19:55
    no i made a mistake with the queen move. In my haste to complain to you guys i messed up my math.
    i moved the queen to G5 and then on the game it showed that i moved it to A5. I know it's hard to believe but please trust me i did happen. I have changed my password.
    Qg5 also loses the queen to Bxg5. Keep digging your hole (here's a tip: the only place the queen can move on the 5th and not be lost without compensation is h5 and even that is pretty godawful).
  15. Standard memberAnselmo
    Free Man - Oso Negro
    Los Gatos
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 20:52
    I have had the same problems as other have stated here I have found that if I refresh the board before I move it works for my but I too had not lost a game and it took me 3 games to find the problem.
    was 19 - 0 no mas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree