Move Frequency

Standard memberjimm
Help 29 Apr '14 03:12
  1. Joined
    22 Mar '14
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 03:12
    Is there any Icon or way of knowing , how slow or fast a player plays on a daily basis ?
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 08:31
    Originally posted by jimm
    Is there any Icon or way of knowing , how slow or fast a player plays on a daily basis ?
    There used to be, but it disappeared a year or so ago. It wasn't reliable anyway. You can try asking potential opponents, most people will tell you honestly because they don't want games that don't suit them. You can also check them in the player tables, because the "moves per month" will tell you something. If someone challenges you to a game and sets 1/0 time controls there's a reasonable chance they'll be fast players. When a player has lots of games in progress they may not move as quickly as you may wish them to.

There are a lot of factors which can mess up the best intentions. I can spend 12 hours a day at the computer making chess moves, but if I lose my internet connection for a week there'll be unhappy opponents.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 10:52
    There isn't, but the intention was always to bring it back in a more useful form. I'll try to get this back in soon, as it is a relatively minor standalone project.
  4. Joined
    22 Mar '14
    Moves
    30 Apr '14 23:10
    Thank you for your reply. Hopefully it will be Prominently Announced or atleast by email so some of us who play Quick Games can start Benefiting from it immediately
  5. Joined
    22 Mar '14
    Moves
    30 Apr '14 23:21
    Thank you for your reply too ! Yes I acknowledge that it may not be a very real indicator of a player's speed of making moves , But it would at least Help The Quick Players in either Messaging The Opponent to Change the Parameters of their Invite, if you wish to play with them or Help us to Immediately Reject it. Regarding Reliability , I just had 2 quick players (at the time of Starting The Game ) who joined a Clearly Defined Invite, ONLY to Slow down the Game and then Became Quite Crude & Rude in their responses

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree