1. Joined
    04 Jul '07
    Moves
    13 Jan '08 05:48
    I haven't gotten any move notifications in about two days. Anyone else having problems?
  2. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    13 Jan '08 13:40
    notification? like the log it makes with e3->d5 (or something😛) etc
    or an email notification of an open invite accepted by a player?
  3. Joined
    04 Jul '07
    Moves
    13 Jan '08 15:06
    I'm referring to the email that is sent when an opponent moves.
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    13 Jan '08 15:34
    Originally posted by incandenza
    I'm referring to the email that is sent when an opponent moves.
    Is this something that changed recently for you? I don't use them. Firefox/greasemonkey/RHP scripts tell me at the bottom right of the firefox browser.

Go to setting, My Email Settings and be sure you have the right box clicked. Be sure to hit update.

Perhaps your email is treating them as spam?

P-
  5. Joined
    04 Jul '07
    Moves
    13 Jan '08 17:00
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Perhaps your email is treating them as spam?
    Thanks, you're right. I was sure it couldn't be that, but it turned out that it was.

I think I accidentally tagged one of them as spam at one point, and although I immediately retagged it as not spam, it must have been enough to confuse things.
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    13 Jan '08 23:40
    Originally posted by incandenza
    Thanks, you're right. I was sure it couldn't be that, but it turned out that it was.

I think I accidentally tagged one of them as spam at one point, and although I immediately retagged it as not spam, it must have been enough to confuse things.
    Every time someone blocks RHP as spam, a kitten dies.

P-
  7. Joined
    10 Aug '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '08 07:48
    My notifications stopped too...if you look in your settings you will probably see a note that RHP suspended your notifications because your email provider refused to many emails. Are you using Yahoo? I talk with another yahoo user and RHP suspended their emails for the same reason. I contacted Yahoo Saturday and they didn't see any problems with their system and thought it might be temporary network issue. The suggested to see if it will go away but I can't do that if they don't send any email notifications. So I re-entered my email address and RHP sent the profile update email to the email address they suspended and I received it no problem. Yahoo is willing to work with RHP to see if a problem has developed between the sites or something to see if they can fix the problem if it exists. I've been using my Yahoo address for 2 1/2 or 3 years with no problems except that some emails went to the inbox and others went to spam. I asked Yahoo why the same type emails from the same source could be considered safe as well as possible spam when I had them listed as NOT SPAM. Again they are interested in working with RHP to see if these issues are resolvable.

Yahoo asked me to contact the RHP system administrator or postmaster to contact them so they could work together. I sent a message to feedback tonight. Hopefully those of us that use the notifications can get them turned back on.
  8. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    15 Jan '08 09:59
    Originally posted by SeaWaDave
    because your email provider refused to many emails.
    lol...LAME
    try gmail:-) email from google

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree