Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 07 Apr '08 21:26
    Opponent wants to take back a move. Can a move be taken back if both players agree ??
  2. 07 Apr '08 22:58
    Originally posted by MatadorSong
    Opponent wants to take back a move. Can a move be taken back if both players agree ??
    No.
    Take-backs are not possible.

The only way to do it is to 'engineer' the situation (you make a careful non-move, they make a careful non move - you return to your original position, they move to where they would have moved to) - of course, not possible if a piece has been taken.
  3. 08 Apr '08 00:19
    Just take his Queen and smile.
  4. 08 Apr '08 02:27
    If it's just a friendly game and he wants to see if he could have done better, you can start another (unrated) game using "start from this position" from the appropriate pre-blunder point.
  5. 08 Apr '08 04:23
    Much thanks for your answers. The opponent will be so disappointed . . . boohoo. I'll relay. Thanks again...
  6. 15 Apr '08 03:13
    game # 4754678: In one move I mate him, but my opponent has offered me a draw, and my pieces are frozen, even though it say keep playing if I don't accept the draw. Is there something I'm missing? Should I report a bug?Game 4754678
  7. Standard member Jamin
    Irresponsible Quoter
    15 Apr '08 03:52
    Originally posted by Arga Warga
    game # 4754678: In one move I mate him, but my opponent has offered me a draw, and my pieces are frozen, even though it say keep playing if I don't accept the draw. Is there something I'm missing? Should I report a bug?Game 4754678
    Send feedback...
    Bottom of every page.
    looks like your assessment is correct...

-J
  8. 15 Apr '08 13:39
    Clear your browser buffer, use another browser, chant some keltish old verse, or something. That should do the trick...
  9. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    15 Apr '08 15:28
    It now says white wins !!!!