Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 23 Feb '06 11:18
    Since the maintaince shutdown on the 23/02/06
    my mozilla web browser under redhat linux no
    longer displays the game screen correctly.

    My message, move etc buttons have disappeared
    and a lot of the graphics are misplaced.

    Do I need to update my browser or is this a site problem?
    My browser is

    Mozilla 1.2.1

    Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.2.1) Gecko/20030225
  2. Subscriber Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    23 Feb '06 11:21
    Originally posted by kitch
    Since the maintaince shutdown on the 23/02/06
    my mozilla web browser under redhat linux no
    longer displays the game screen correctly.

    My message, move etc buttons have disappeared
    and a lot of the graphics are misplaced.

    Do I need to update my browser or is this a site problem?
    My browser is

    Mozilla 1.2.1

    Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.2.1) Gecko/20030225
    I'm not entirely sure. I'm using the latest version of FF, and everything is fine, although I'm using windows 2000.

    Updating mozilla can't do any harm anyway, eh?

    D
  3. 23 Feb '06 11:35
    Thanks for the post

    Updated to firefox (thought I''d better join this millenium)
    and everthing appears cool

    Regards
  4. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    23 Feb '06 11:50
    Update your browser if possible, but for the time being, you can continue with your games by selecting the 'legacy' interface available from the board settings page.

    Available from the link on the page qabove, or directly here :
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/myhome/myboardtype.php

    -Russ
  5. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    23 Feb '06 11:50
    Originally posted by kitch
    Thanks for the post

    Updated to firefox (thought I''d better join this millenium)
    and everthing appears cool

    Regards
    Ah, even better

    Good news.

    -Russ
  6. 23 Feb '06 13:49 / 1 edit
    I'm using a PC that I have to keep at W98 SE as a "lowest common denominator" with which to create EXEs to service my clients. I'm using Netscape 7.1 right now and the upgrade to 8.1 refuses because I'm not running at least W98 SE (that's what it says). So until I get a 2nd PC, I'm kind of stuck. All the screens work EXCEPT the game screen, and in legacy mode there's no Analyze Board feature.

    Crap. Thought I'd found a workaround by listing my active games and asking for View Game History, but in legacy mode that screen's affected, too, and you can't move the pieces. @#$!
  7. Subscriber Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    23 Feb '06 14:48
    Originally posted by CrawlIce
    I'm using a PC that I have to keep at W98 SE as a "lowest common denominator" with which to create EXEs to service my clients. I'm using Netscape 7.1 right now and the upgrade to 8.1 refuses because I'm not running at least W98 SE (that's what it says). So until I get a 2nd PC, I'm kind of stuck. All the screens work EXCEPT the game screen, and in legacy ...[text shortened]... but in legacy mode that screen's affected, too, and you can't move the pieces. @#$!
    Firefox is compatible with Windows98, and its the bees knees.

    http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

    D
  8. 23 Feb '06 18:07
    Thanks for the suggestion. I installed Firefox and intend to use it at least for the RHP site.

    Regards,
    C.I.
  9. 24 Feb '06 16:14
    And Russ: Love the new features on the Analyze Board screen. You've put a lot of work into this upgrade.

    Suggestion for the folks who have problems: Could you perchance add the previous release of the board screen to the board options, e.g.,
    Legacy
    Legacy II (the previous release of the board screen)
    Modern Browser

    That might get a few folks off your neck.

    C.I.