1. Joined
    23 Apr '03
    Moves
    01 Apr '07 00:59
    Hi. I'm hoping to get some help from the site admin. In game 3249320 there was a very strange move in one of my league games. It was an illegal and impossible move. Please review asap and get back to me. It was the 16th overall move by black that was an illegal move. I lost a pawn on the play with this illegal move. Game 3249320
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    01 Apr '07 01:41
    Originally posted by Caperboy
    Hi. I'm hoping to get some help from the site admin. In game 3249320 there was a very strange move in one of my league games. It was an illegal and impossible move. Please review asap and get back to me. It was the 16th overall move by black that was an illegal move. I lost a pawn on the play with this illegal move. Game 3249320
    http://www.playtheimmortalgame.com/help/index.php?help=enpassant

It is not possible to make an illegal move.
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    01 Apr '07 02:241 edit
    Originally posted by Caperboy
    This is the reason for that rule.

Originally you could only move your pawn one square only, but they changed the rule to the 2 moves to speed the game up. By the old rule, you always had a chance to take a pawn out before it jumps 2 squares past yours. So, as not to change the game drastic, they allowed you to remove any pawn that tries to jump 2 squares past your marching pawn.

Any time you can jump past another pawn, that pawn will have a chance to defend it's attack squares (2 forward diagonals). If you are already under attack by this pawn, you can jump 2 out of reach. You were already in their attack square and can move 1 or 2 squares with no consequence for your actions.

I read it someplace compared to 2 soldiers. When you leave your castle, you can march out and face any foes on your way to the enemy's camp, or you can hop on a horse and fly out of the kingdom. Any pawn in the area guarding that area has the right to pluck you off your horse as you try to ride by and avoid a fight. If you had moved one space, you are on foot and ready to fight right there.

P-
  4. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    01 Apr '07 02:43
    wierd opening
  5. Joined
    23 Apr '03
    Moves
    01 Apr '07 04:15
    Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!! PLEASE! Excuse my ignorance. I've never used En Passant and have never had it pulled on me. Its a great move!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree