Moves
    11 Oct '05 05:52
    as from title
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 06:061 edit
    It means the game has no timebank. Therefore the timebank remaining is not applicable.

I mean seriously, did you even think about it at all before posting the thread?
  3. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 14:35
    I can imagine one does not know for what 'n/a' stands for.
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 21:29
    Anyone who attended school should know what n/a means.
    And anyone who didn't should have learnt from filling in their benefit/welfare claim forms.
  5. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    12 Oct '05 00:22
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Anyone who attended school should know what [b]n/a means.
    And anyone who didn't should have learnt from filling in their benefit/welfare claim forms.[/b]
    no account
    not applicable
    not available

Any of the above. It's originally a banking term.
  6. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    12 Oct '05 00:48
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Anyone who attended school should know what [b]n/a means.
    And anyone who didn't should have learnt from filling in their benefit/welfare claim forms.[/b]
    Note: not all up here have English as first priority language. Let alone one knows all abbreviations in a foreign language. Look at the name of the first poster, chances are what I suspect is correct.
  7. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '05 04:47
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Note: not all up here have English as first priority language. Let alone one knows all abbreviations in a foreign language.
    OK. If thats the case, sorry alf.
  8. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    17 Oct '05 13:27
    I thought this was a help forum. Plainly it`s meant for clever dicks to show us all just how clever they are.
    If you don`t like the question - don`t post!
  9. Standard memberNatural Science
    blunderer of pawns
    Rhode (not an)Island
    Moves
    17 Oct '05 22:061 edit
    Originally posted by davfra
    I thought this was a help forum. Plainly it`s meant for clever dicks to show us all just how clever they are.
    If you don`t like the question - don`t post!
    Apparently it has become the "Help- but only if you have completely read the FAQ and still cannot find the answer to your question, otherwise you will be laughed at and mocked and told to read the FAQ again (and by the way, it's not our fault that English isn't your native language)" forum.
  10. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    17 Oct '05 23:59
    Originally posted by davfra
    Are you referring to anyone in particular?
  11. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    18 Oct '05 05:57
    Originally posted by Natural Science
    ... (and by the way, it's not our fault that English isn't your native language) ...
    No, it is nobody's fault. So what do you want with this remark?

This is a chess site, not a site about english grammar and vocabulary.
    Nowhere in the ToS it says that my native language should be English, or that I should be able to write perfect English and understand all the abbreviations.

It doesn't hurt to show some consideration about language misunderstandings.

Adje.
  12. Standard memberNatural Science
    blunderer of pawns
    Rhode (not an)Island
    Moves
    18 Oct '05 06:56
    Originally posted by adje
    No, it is nobody's fault. So what do you want with this remark?

This is a chess site, not a site about english grammar and vocabulary.
    Nowhere in the ToS it says that my native language should be English, or that I should be able to write perfect English and understand all the abbreviations.

It doesn't hurt to show some consideration about language misunderstandings.

Adje.
    I apologise for causing you offense, but you clearly misread the context of my remark. It was intended to be a facetious observation on what this forum is becoming thanks to the efforts of a few people that I won't name here. (They know who they are.) It was a mocking statement hurled in the direction of those that were initially doing the mocking. Turning the mockers into the mockees, if you will. Again, sorry if you misunderstood.
  13. Joined
    19 Jul '05
    Moves
    18 Oct '05 10:27
    I can see you are already wearing the cap.
  14. Joined
    19 Jul '05
    Moves
    18 Oct '05 10:28
    `Are you referring to anyone in particular?`

I can see you are already wearing the cap.
  15. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    18 Oct '05 11:041 edit
    Originally posted by Natural Science
    I apologise for causing you offense, but you clearly misread the context of my remark. ...
    Apparently I did. Sorry about that. Now that I read it again, it seems obvious.
    Well, what can you expect from someone whose native language is not English!? 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree