1. Swansea
    Moves
    27 May '06 17:57
    Downloaded it today, seems much better than IE, but on this site, when IE used to open it to go to my inbox, firefox opens it to go into one of my folders where I have 3games in, but I want to keep it to open up showing my inbox like IE did, any ideas how to do this?
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    27 May '06 18:07
    Originally posted by expressiveoutburst
    Downloaded it today, seems much better than IE, but on this site, when IE used to open it to go to my inbox, firefox opens it to go into one of my folders where I have 3games in, but I want to keep it to open up showing my inbox like IE did, any ideas how to do this?
    Try this;
    go onto the page you want it to open on. Then go Tools >>Options >> General tab and set the home page option to 'use current page'.
  3. Swansea
    Moves
    27 May '06 18:19
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Try this;
    go onto the page you want it to open on. Then go Tools >>Options >> General tab and set the home page option to 'use current page'.
    Sorry, I didnt mean when I open firefox, but when I opened the site and clicked on 'my games'. Once I click on 'my games' it goes to that folder, when its on firefox, but when I click 'my games' on IE it always goes to my inbox.
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    27 May '06 19:00
    Sorry, I didnt mean when I open firefox, but when I opened the site and clicked on 'my games'. Once I click on 'my games' it goes to that folder, when its on firefox, but when I click 'my games' on IE it always goes to my inbox.
    Delete all the cookies from IE, and Firefox.

Then try. IE cookies can sometimes confuse firefox.

D
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    28 May '06 08:05
    Maybe it's the site itself - similar to this?
    Thread 43274
  6. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    28 May '06 11:16
    But it's meant to go to the folder you last had open. That's how it's supposed to work. IE just can't manage to follow simple instructions.
  7. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    30 May '06 11:36
    I use firefox and have had no problems at all on this or any other site.
  8. Swansea
    Moves
    11 Jun '06 10:37
    I'm getting the same problem again and it's getting pretty annoying now! I've cleared the cache and deleted the cookies and it's still doing it. Please help!
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    11 Jun '06 11:17
    I use firefox and I get the same thing as Xanthos. It takes me to the last folder I had opened.
  10. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    11 Jun '06 17:461 edit
    I'm getting the same problem again and it's getting pretty annoying now! I've cleared the cache and deleted the cookies and it's still doing it. Please help!
    If you want it to open in your inbox then you have to click on the inbox. Otherwise it will open in the last file you left open. You have to remember what file you are in. It is not a problem with the browser but a problem of you leaving the wrong filing cabinet open. Close the door behind and open the proper one you unorganised pig. Your mom is not going to clean your room for you, you know πŸ˜‰
  11. Swansea
    Moves
    11 Jun '06 20:38
    None of you are getting what I'm saying, it doesn't matter what folder I leave open, even if I click on inbox, then the my games link, it still says no games in this folder instead of going back on inbox. 😞
  12. In your face
    Moves
    11 Jun '06 21:33
    None of you are getting what I'm saying, it doesn't matter what folder I leave open, even if I click on inbox, then the my games link, it still says no games in this folder instead of going back on inbox. 😞
    Have you looked in your 'Archive' folder for your active games? Perhaps you have archived them all by accident. I managed to doit once whilst drunk. πŸ™‚
  13. Swansea
    Moves
    11 Jun '06 21:36
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    Have you looked in your 'Archive' folder for your active games? Perhaps you have archived them all by accident. I managed to doit once whilst drunk. πŸ™‚
    No, haven't done that, they are in the proper folders that I have, just it is going like I said it is.
  14. Standard membermosquitorespect
    Not Royalty
    Not in a palace
    Moves
    11 Jun '06 23:37
    No, haven't done that, they are in the proper folders that I have, just it is going like I said it is.
    See if you can work around it by getting to the inbox folder, then bookmarking that page. I keep the My Games page bookmarked to save me having to go through other pages when I start up.

If that doesn't work, view your cookies - selectedfolderid should have a 'content' value of 1 (I don't know if this changes when you make new folders). If it doesn't, go to your inbox and check again.

If this doesn't work, try using one of the other sites (timeforchess.com or chessatwork.com etc.)

Hopefully this will sort it out as I don't know what else to suggest.
  15. Swansea
    Moves
    12 Jun '06 11:16
    seems to be working fine today! Strange thing! Thanks anywayπŸ™‚

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree