1. Northamptonshire, UK
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 18:28
    Thanks Russ. Not sure if I was particularly clear in the last post - when I hit the 'Archive' button that appears alongside any competed game under the 'Actions' column in any non-Inbox folder, nothing happens; moving completed games from Inbox into any other folder doesn't appear to be an issue - I've done that a couple of times today without any problems. What I'm effectively trying to do is move completed games from the Archive folder into other folders I've completed - they don't want to shift over. Tried it several times and I have the latest software on iPad.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 20:171 edit
    Thanks for the update, Russ. Looks fabulous on desktop, but I have a couple of issues on mobile.

I have a Galaxy Light, an android device.

The first time on mobile I clicked on my Avatar on the menu and got the menu with all the 'My' stuff on it. On desktop, this is across the top of the screen, so no scrolling necessary, but on mobile, this menu is one item wide and extends past the bottom of my screen, but I cannot scroll it (the menu) to get to the bottom, I have to scroll the entire screen, took a while to figure out as I didn't expect that.

I did not check out the Games page yet, but the same issue people are having with each game taking up too much space is the same problem I have with Forums on mobile. Each message takes up so much vertical room that I am scrolling all day to see everything. How about one line per message, like on desktop? Also, I hold my phone in Landscape when reading messages so I can more easily read the type size, but still, messages in list mode take up too much room, I'd appreciate one line per message like on desktop. In lieu of all this, an option to see the desktop version instead of the mobile version would be appreciated very much.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 21:10
    All credit to you, Russ. You're very responsive and you've already dealt with some of these issues. As for me, I'm gradually getting used to things. Thanks!
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 21:12
    Hey Russ, I just noticed that when replying to PMs, the quoting what came before is now totally gone. Must we now copy and paste what we want to respond to when replying now?
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 21:51
    Now I'm back on the iPhone. We definitely do need a compacted view of "My Games". It's unworkable as it is.
  6. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 22:35
    This might have been answered already, but where's the little widget gone that allows you to wait for a move in any game?
  7. Joined
    17 Jul '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '15 06:361 edit
    On iPhone; when i get to a board i have to scroll down below the whole menu, to see if there was a piece taken with last move. Obviously i have to do that every single time. This constant scrolling is not fun.... it was much nicer before, to simply see if there was a piece taken.... main thing is to play chess, not to scroll through text....
  8. Joined
    17 Jul '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '15 07:44
    Russ i am so sorry. You put so much work into this, but i am having big problems. Could you please give me a path how to find the ladders, if we still have them? I can only find the 21 TO ladder only because i have a game going. Please, HOW can i see the ladder like before, meaning HOW can i navigate through the ladder without having to scroll all 340 + players? There is all this information that i really don't need.... just show name and number of the player like before..... I like to see who is in the ladder near me....
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    23 Apr '15 08:20
    Originally posted by Flower04
    Russ i am so sorry. You put so much work into this, but i am having big problems. Could you please give me a path how to find the ladders, if we still have them? I can only find the 21 TO ladder only because i have a game going. Please, HOW can i see the ladder like before, meaning HOW can i navigate through the ladder without having to scroll all 340 + pla ...[text shortened]... ow name and number of the player like before..... I like to see who is in the ladder near me....
    You did need to click the title of the ladder, but on reflection, this is inconsistent with similar "panels" elsewhere, so the button has been added back to the right of the ladder.
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    23 Apr '15 08:361 edit
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    This might have been answered already, but where's the little widget gone that allows you to wait for a move in any game?
    This has gone - but is being replaced. The site will automatically alert you to games waiting if left idle soon. No action will be required.

edit : The option to "wait for any game" still exists on the board views though after your move.
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    23 Apr '15 08:38
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Hey Russ, I just noticed that when replying to PMs, the quoting what came before is now totally gone. Must we now copy and paste what we want to respond to when replying now?
    If you use the "read conversation" button, you can see the thread of the conversation - pasting the reply text in every message was unnecessary.
  12. Joined
    17 Jul '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '15 10:43
    Originally posted by Russ
    You did need to click the title of the ladder, but on reflection, this is inconsistent with similar "panels" elsewhere, so the button has been added back to the right of the ladder.
    I need a real path please. I do not find the ladders anymore; i found it per accident once. I am tired of scrolling and scrolling through useless text.
  13. Joined
    25 Mar '09
    Moves
    23 Apr '15 10:50
    The look is fine, but the information about the time of moves played has disappeared in the game history. Also the exact time since last move by any player. Am I right?
  14. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    23 Apr '15 11:04
    Originally posted by Flower04
    I need a real path please. I do not find the ladders anymore; i found it per accident once. I am tired of scrolling and scrolling through useless text.
    From the community menu, select "Ladders'. On the ladder index, you can then select "View ladder".
  15. Northamptonshire, UK
    Moves
    23 Apr '15 11:11
    Just to reiterate that it no longer seems possible to archive completed inbox games to anything other than the default 'Archive' folder. Before the latest update, you were given a choice of folders to archive completed games. Now when you hit the 'Archive' button at the end of a game, completed games default to the Archives folder. Done it a few times now and it's definitely not working on iPad.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree