Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 16 Oct '05 22:24
    Let's say I wanted to play someone who was tremendously better or worse than I am, say for educational purposes. Is it possible to play a game without any points being calculated to your rating?
  2. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    16 Oct '05 22:27
    Originally posted by metanoia
    Let's say I wanted to play someone who was tremendously better or worse than I am, say for educational purposes. Is it possible to play a game without any points being calculated to your rating?
    Yes. I leave the work of finding out how as an exercise for the reader. It's educational.
  3. 16 Oct '05 23:02
    Terrific! Hopefully someone else will verify your claim and point me in the right direction.
  4. 16 Oct '05 23:41
    Originally posted by metanoia
    Terrific! Hopefully someone else will verify your claim and point me in the right direction.
    I can verify Xanthos' claim. Hint: A game which counts for your rating is called "rated". A game which doesn't - well, I think you can figure it out yourself now.
  5. Standard member Saint Nick
    Pimp of the elves
    17 Oct '05 07:50
    I will also verify Xanthos' claim and provide another hint.

    The option is available on the 'create game' page.
  6. 17 Oct '05 13:21
    My my - you people are so funny. I just can`t stop laughing at such wicked repartee.
    Here`s a thought - If you don`t want to answer a serious question, why not just keep your mouth shut?
  7. 18 Oct '05 00:02
    Originally posted by davfra
    My my - you people are so funny. I just can`t stop laughing at such wicked repartee.
    Here`s a thought - If you don`t want to answer a serious question, why not just keep your mouth shut?
    ha ha ha ha ......I'm typing with my mouth shut, is that ok?
  8. 18 Oct '05 01:37
    Thanks for the help.