1. Standard memberJohn of Reading
    Scotch addict
    Moves
    18 Nov '07 17:30
    I'd like to be given an image-editing program for Christmas, but it can't be Adobe Photoshop because my home machine is old and well below the minimum specification for the latest versions. I plan to crop/flip/retouch/lighten/etc my camera's JPG images.

Can anyone recommend an alternative program? I have Windows XP SP2; 800 MHz CPU; 640 MB Ram; lots of disc space. The motherboard won't allow any further Ram upgrade.
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    18 Nov '07 17:35
    Originally posted by John of Reading
    I'd like to be given an image-editing program for Christmas, but it can't be Adobe Photoshop because my home machine is old and well below the minimum specification for the latest versions. I plan to crop/flip/retouch/lighten/etc my camera's JPG images.

Can anyone recommend an alternative program? I have Windows XP SP2; 800 MHz CPU; 640 MB Ram; lots of disc space. The motherboard won't allow any further Ram upgrade.
    Google have a very good free photo product called picasa, which handles basic edits.

GIMP is another good free solution, which is more like Photoshop.

Do a google search for both.

D
  3. Standard memberJohn of Reading
    Scotch addict
    Moves
    18 Nov '07 22:14
    Thank you, I'll have a look at those.

If I choose a free program, do I get to choose another Christmas present as well, do you think?
  4. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Nov '07 21:52

i would recommend paint shop pro... i think its better than photoshop and its cheaper
  5. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    21 Nov '07 00:101 edit
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    i would recommend paint shop pro... i think its better than photoshop and its cheaper
    i always found photoshop better than paintshop - cause i found photoshop first and used it for a few years, i never got used to the differences when trying paintshop. that and i downloaded it so prices never were an issue lol
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '07 22:05
    If I choose a free program, do I get to choose another Christmas present as well, do you think?
    Hmmm, we'll have to see about that.

(J of R's wife)
  7. Standard memberleisurelysloth
    Man of Steel
    rushing to and fro
    Moves
    23 Nov '07 05:20
    Thank you, I'll have a look at those.

A new computer I would hope....
  8. Maryland
    Moves
    23 Nov '07 14:50
    I know GIMP was already mentioned but if you already familiar with Photoshop you may want to try Gimpshop.
    http://gimpshopdotnet.blogspot.com/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree