1. Canada
    Moves
    10 Feb '08 01:351 edit
    Hello,

I don't seem to be receiving any mail notifications. I've checked my settings on the site and my email address, and they're both fine. I know neither my client nor email server are the problem, since I can receive mail at that account fine.

I've been playing games since yesterday without any notifs.

Is something going on with the site's email servers?

Thanks,
    Laogeodritt

EDIT: Oh, and it's not being filtered out as spam. There's nothing but actual spam in my junk folder right now.
  2. Canada
    Moves
    10 Feb '08 01:371 edit
    Oh, and it's not being filtered out as spam. There's nothing but actual spam in my junk folder right now.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't think you could edit messages on here. Feel free to delete this one.
  3. Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    10 Feb '08 01:53
    Originally posted by Laogeodritt
    Hello,

I don't seem to be receiving any mail notifications. I've checked my settings on the site and my email address, and they're both fine. I know neither my client nor email server are the problem, since I can receive mail at that account fine.

I've been playing games since yesterday without any notifs.

Is something going on with the site's e ...[text shortened]... being filtered out as spam. There's nothing but actual spam in my junk folder right now.
    I imagine it has something to do with the recent outage. Look at the Site Announcements Forum. The last few threads are all related to it. The thread below is not current however it may be related to your dilemma (Thread 86190). Sending Feedback is always a sure solution to fixing your problem though do so only if necessary as Russ and Chris are very busy correcting the archiving error.
  4. Canada
    Moves
    10 Feb '08 04:42
    Ah, alright. Thanks.

I'll wait a few days to see if it gets fixed and send feedback if it isn't.
  5. Joined
    26 Nov '07
    Moves
    21 Apr '08 16:06
    I've been playing for about 3 months with no problems, but the last
    couple of days, I haven't gotten any E-mails of games. Your web page shows I have games waiting,so I play from there..
    e-mail address: zkoca@juno.com
  6. Joined
    26 Nov '07
    Moves
    25 Apr '08 15:32
    I'm still not getting email notifs. I've uninstalled my security
    software, but that doesn't help. What else can I do??
  7. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    25 Apr '08 15:41
    Originally posted by Husker2
    I'm still not getting email notifs. I've uninstalled my security
    software, but that doesn't help. What else can I do??
    Have you checked in your settings to make sure it is turned on. If it isn't, put a check in the box and click 'update' before exiting the settings page.
  8. Joined
    26 Nov '07
    Moves
    26 Apr '08 18:19
    Yes, my auto notif. box is checked.
  9. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    26 Apr '08 18:40
    Originally posted by Husker2
    Yes, my auto notif. box is checked.
    That was the only thing I could come up with.

Does your usual email have to get past a spam filter? A few months ago my ISP decided all email coming to their customer mailboxes needed to get checked at another site first, and that is a major pain in the butt. Now I have to check the 'filter' site regularly too and make sure they're not holding up some legit mail, then I have to check my regular mailbox. Usually you can id your legit mail at the filter site and after that they start passing it on again without holding it for your approval. It's still a pain....

You said earlier that it was working fine then all of a sudden it quit working. Can you think of anything that you might have installed or changed at that time. It could be the problem.

Other than that all I can suggest is to send a feedback and see if they can come up with something.
  10. Joined
    26 Nov '07
    Moves
    27 Apr '08 15:12
    I informed Juno.com/support/security about my problem, and they would like the following information from Red hot pawn online chess.
    1. All the IP addresses from which these messages were sent.
    2. The sender's email address.

Could you furnish this for me? Tks
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    30 Apr '08 07:58
    Can anyone inform me if their recent email problems have been resolved in the last 24 hours?

-Russ
  12. Joined
    28 Jul '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '08 16:09
    i have the opposite problem. i have email notification turned off but i keep getting them
  13. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    30 Apr '08 16:26
    Originally posted by reboot
    i have the opposite problem. i have email notification turned off but i keep getting them
    You are talking about "move notifications", correct?

When you go to your settings page and clear the notification box, do you then click the "update" button at the bottom of the page before exiting?

If you do not click update, nothing will change in the settings.
  14. Joined
    05 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 May '08 20:40
    Originally posted by Russ
    Can anyone inform me if their recent email problems have been resolved in the last 24 hours?

-Russ
    Didn't notice any email problems as I don't use it. But I had a clan member leave clan, and didn't receive message notifying me, as I usually do. Don't even know when he left, or how long this lacking message thing has been an issue.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree