1. Joined
    17 Dec '12
    Moves
    16 Dec '13 17:21
    I got a new game challenge request, but am not getting emailed for each move by my opponent, despite My Settings saying that I should (both boxes ticked). This used to work for me, have checked junk mail etc. Help!
    John
  2. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Dec '13 20:41
    Hello,
    The best thing, perhaps, is to tell the Operator of this site. I used to get e-mails, but mine quit coming, apparently, because Yahoo mail thought I was getting too many messages from this site and barred me getting mail from here. I might "talk" to Yahoo and Redhotpawn sometime about it, but have not yet got them to fix my situation. Sometime after that first happened, I saw a message on the website here telling me that Yahoo was blocking my e-mails from here. Could that possibly be what has happened to you?

Ken
    KingOnPoint
  3. Joined
    17 Dec '12
    Moves
    18 Dec '13 21:03
    I really don't know. I am still getting them occasionally but mostly not. I am with 1&1 for email and do not have any virus blocking on the account. I am not aware of any other source of emails that has intermittent problems (or any problems receiving), very strange.
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    19 Dec '13 00:34
    Can't help with the email problem. If you're using Firefox there's a script available that displays your "games waiting" number even when you're on a web page that isn't anything to do with the Redhotpawn site. Script may also run on Chrome but doesn't work on IE.
  5. Joined
    01 Apr '09
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 00:04
    I am not receiving emails on 2 of my current games, but am receiving them on the others.
  6. Northamptonshire, UK
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 12:53
    I got an auto-generated email a while back saying that my current ISP (AoL) was effectively blocking RHP move-advice emails, presumably due to the sheer number of emails (concurrent with number of games as a Subscriber) I was then receiving. I've personally never played more than 15 games simultaneously, but I can imagine players with tens of games on the go would cause the ISPs a bit of a headache capacity-wise!

In hindsight I'm not sure the emails made a huge difference to me if I'm honest, even when I was limited to six games as a non-Subscriber. The little white Knight in the games header summary shows the number of 'games waiting' - isn't that enough without having to receive a separate email each time your opponent makes a move?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree