Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 02 Mar '11 17:52
    Hello,
    If I post notes in my RHP Game Notepad while I am playing my game, can my opponent see the notes when he looks at the game in any form? Is it safe to Notate possible continuations that I have in mind?

    KingOnPoint
  2. Subscriber Kewpie
    chess dummy
    02 Mar '11 21:33
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Hello,
    If I post notes in my RHP Game Notepad while I am playing my game, can my opponent see the notes when he looks at the game in any form? Is it safe to Notate possible continuations that I have in mind?

    KingOnPoint
    Notepad box is totally private to you and can't be seen by anyone else, including your opponent. Just be careful that you don't accidentally post it in the message box instead. (From someone who's done it a few times)
  3. 02 Mar '11 21:56
    Kewpie,
    Thanks for your reply about the Notebook information. It turns out that we only get 255 characters in the notebook.

    KOP
  4. 03 Mar '11 00:34
    I guess it was meant for notes on the next 1-2 moves. Mostly I use it for warnings to myself: "Don't move the f3 Knight or it's mate, you idiot!!!!"
  5. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    03 Mar '11 01:03
    I use extensively..ongoing move on move ideas, however unachievable.. it's the most invaluable 'immediate resource' here, you click on the game and you're faced with so much more than a mere board when utilising notebook..as much as you can stare in wonderment at the absolute nonsense you thought a possibility only a move or so ago, it still gives that continuity element rarely possible but always appreciated with multiple games cc...I like to forward these notes to email but only because of the limited space, useful with any analysis..
  6. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    03 Mar '11 01:05 / 1 edit
    Does anybody else ever experience what appears to be waiting many minutes for the post to be sent, the browser indicating it's trying desperately to make that connection...you give up on it, back track through the browser and retry posting...only to find the original had indeed succeeded lol..
    I'll spare the double post, edit and submit the above
  7. Subscriber Kewpie
    chess dummy
    03 Mar '11 01:49
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Does anybody else ever experience what appears to be waiting many minutes for the post to be sent, the browser indicating it's trying desperately to make that connection...you give up on it, back track through the browser and retry posting...only to find the original had indeed succeeded lol..
    I'll spare the double post, edit and submit the above
    This happens to me all the time, and in both IE and Firefox. I assumed it was a problem with the site's response signal only. Never bothered to report it as a site glitch though.
  8. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    03 Mar '11 02:46
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    This happens to me all the time, and in both IE and Firefox. I assumed it was a problem with the site's response signal only. Never bothered to report it as a site glitch though.
    Well, I tried posting my comment and it just tried and tried, supposedly not posting, but when tired of waiting I hit 'my games' and it connected immediately. Went back to the forum with pasted copy in hand and tried to post again...same response. Again I went back and same routine for two mins until both posts appeared as mentioned in the forum but two mins apart..it appeared to me that clicking anything other than a forum post was successful