1. Joined
    07 Sep '06
    Moves
    28 Aug '11 01:52
    Am sure this was probably posted elsewhere but as I don't see a search function I guess I just post it here.

Is there any way of getting a notification if someone challenges you to a game. it's been quite a few years since I've been on the site and still not used to refreshing the game page or looking in the corner to see what is waiting. Just received an email that someone deleted a game I didn't know was there as I was busy doing other things so I guess he challenged me and then withdrew when I didn't respond. As I check email more frequently than the site an email about a new game would be helpful. Is there a way to get one?
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    28 Aug '11 12:551 edit
    Look at "My Settings" and go to "My Email Settings", and verify that you have the correct email address entered.

(However, since you received an email stating someone had deleted a game, this should mean that you already have the correct address in place.)
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    28 Aug '11 22:21
    Originally posted by Wolfshead
    Am sure this was probably posted elsewhere but as I don't see a search function I guess I just post it here.

Is there any way of getting a notification if someone challenges you to a game. it's been quite a few years since I've been on the site and still not used to refreshing the game page or looking in the corner to see what is waiting. Just receive ...[text shortened]... ently than the site an email about a new game would be helpful. Is there a way to get one?
    my email settings - Receive automated move notifications

problem with this is if you're expected to play the first move in a game i'm not sure if a 'game created' email is sent.
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    28 Aug '11 22:58
    I always get an email when someone accepts one of my "open invites". I'm not aware of any way to turn that off. I also get a notification if someone deletes a game.

I do have "move notifications" and "move reminders" turned off, so I never get those.
  5. Joined
    07 Sep '06
    Moves
    02 Sep '11 14:20
    Originally posted by trev33
    my email settings - Receive automated move notifications

problem with this is if you're expected to play the first move in a game i'm not sure if a 'game created' email is sent.
    Don't think you do as I have the notifications on and didn't get one

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree