1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '09 07:051 edit
    Something must be wrong with my statistics.

My statistical info in my profile page says that I've played 962 rated games, at the right side it says 960 rated games, but in reality I've only played 931 rated games.

It also says that I've lost 7 games due to timeout, I don't think so. 3 games that I know about was timee out by my opponent, perhaps 4, but not as many as 7 games.

Something is fishy here. Does anyone else have the same faulty statistics?
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Jun '09 08:151 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Something must be wrong with my statistics.

My statistical info in my profile page says that I've played 962 rated games, at the right side it says 960 rated games, but in reality I've only played 931 rated games.

It also says that I've lost 7 games due to timeout, I don't think so. 3 games that I know about was timee out by my opponent, perhaps 4, ...[text shortened]... ny as 7 games.

Something is fishy here. Does anyone else have the same faulty statistics?
    I just re-created the query for your stats using a different method, and get 962 completed rated games. (I will need to find why this is 2 out)

edit : Forget this 🙄- the data is cached over night, so 2 more games have been completed since your stats last updated.

7 Games lost to timeout though.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '09 08:51
    Originally posted by Russ
    I just re-created the query for your stats using a different method, and get 962 completed rated games. (I will need to find why this is 2 out)

edit : Forget this 🙄- the data is cached over night, so 2 more games have been completed since your stats last updated.

7 Games lost to timeout though.
    Still I have only 931 games in my records. Not long ago my number matched the number given by my profile stats.
    Number of lost games by timeout I have to find them my records. Or perhaps you can give me the game ID's?

The 962 or 960 games, yes, I won two games an hour ago, explains this diff nicely.

Do you count the number differently now? Or by the same principle as ususal?
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '09 09:58
    Sorry, I'm here agin.

This is my stat right now:

Games Played 969
    Rated 962
    Won 724
    Lost 196
    Drawn 49

Doesn't this mean that I've only plaed 7 unrated games? I know this for a fact that I have plenty more unrated games than that. I've put at least 80 unrated games (with a move count >2) in a folder named "ChessTraining".

When I open the "All Files" folder, I can read that I have 1575 games altogether. This includes also thos unrated games with a movecount <3.

I don't rely on the stats in the Profile page. I have only played 931 rated games until now. the stats was okay a few weeks ago, I know for sure.
  5. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    25 Jun '09 10:10
    Set piece games aren't counted as "unrated games".
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '09 10:302 edits
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    Set piece games aren't counted as "unrated games".
    Oh, okay, that explains the mystery about the unrated games.
    But still there are 31 rated games too many...

edit: I've cound them all again, took me a while, and got it to 931 rated games. I've counted all entries in the green diagram. No more than 931 games. I'm dead sure about it.

Sorry to bore everyone out, but if the stats are wrong for me, how many more of you have errors in the stats?
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 00:48
    😲
  8. The Smoke
    Moves
    29 Jun '09 01:232 edits
    Oh, okay, that explains the mystery about the unrated games.
    But still there are 31 rated games too many...

edit: I've cound them all again, took me a while, and got it to 931 rated games. I've counted all entries in the green diagram. No more than 931 games. I'm dead sure about it.

Sorry to bore everyone out, but if the stats are wrong for me, how many more of you have errors in the stats?
    well, I'm doing another (manual) re-count just to be on the safe side, but my "Losses by timeout" stats appear to be slightly incorrect, it reads 19 but I could only find 17. I may have overlooked some of the games, not 100% sure... but this discrepancy is def NOT due to my stats yet to be updated as I haven't had a timeout loss for quite some time.

p.s. so yes, my discrepancy is also to do with 'losses by timeout'
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    29 Jun '09 08:15
    Originally posted by Renars
    well, I'm doing another (manual) re-count just to be on the safe side, but my "Losses by timeout" stats appear to be slightly incorrect, it reads 19 but I could only find 17. I may have overlooked some of the games, not 100% sure... but this discrepancy is def NOT due to my stats yet to be updated as I haven't had a timeout loss for quite some time.

p.s. so yes, my discrepancy is also to do with 'losses by timeout'
    I'm glad to know, I'm not imagining things here. Stats are not accurate. I keep very detailed track of my games, nad the real number doesn't match the stats given in my profile.

I counted the green bars in my diagram, and now they are (in this very moment) 944 of them. Not 975 (in this very moment) as the stats says. It's too much of a discrepancy to explain by a miscalculation of my side.

I can easily publish the game-ID of every one of my games, and challenge everyone to show me one more game-ID not countd by me, but it would be a wast of the band width. However, I can give them by mail if you want it.

There is certanly a diff between the stats and the real number of rated games I've finished.
  10. The Smoke
    Moves
    29 Jun '09 12:591 edit
    I'm glad to know, I'm not imagining things here.
    did the re-count:

sorry, Fabian, false alarm from my side re: losses by timeout stats, they are correct (but I haven't got stamina to go & check the totals you seem to be puzzled about). I had overlooked one tournament game and one non-tournament where my friend (!) timed me out.
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    29 Jun '09 13:07
    One solution can be that a game in a tournament, started as rated, but didn't go to 2 moves until my opponent timed out, falsely remained in the count as a rated game. Therefore I may have many more rated games in the stats, than I have in my loggs.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Jul '09 08:45
    I see that somethning has happened, but the numbers are still not right.

At this very moment I've played 953 games. I'm dead sure about it. I've counted all the entries in the green diagram, and they say 953. If ayone is interested I have a list of all GameID's in a list, i can mail it to you. I've imported this list to Excell for easy counting.

But in the numbers at the left part of the statistics it says:

FabianFnas's Stats
    Games Played 991
    Rated 957
    Won 745
    Lost 197
    Drawn 49

Won+Lost+Drawn=991. In this number the unrated games are included too?
    It says Rated games is 957, I say 953. A discrepancy of 4 games.
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    02 Jul '09 09:23
    The stats on the left include unrated.

The rated game count on the left is realtime, not nightly.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree